HAPPY NEW YEAR!
I hope that you all had a fantastic Christmas and New Year and are ready to start the New Year full of gusto and excitement!
We had a great time over the holidays, going to stay in Thessaloniki with my husbands family and onto Albania for New Year to see the in-laws. I really enjoy spending time with my nieces in Thessaloniki, feeling inspired by their artistic and creative conversations. Giving me food for thought in what I want to do in the New Year with my own creativity and reflecting on my past year in 2014.
So much changed for me in 2014 that it will be a year I will remember for a long time. Here are some highlights;
- I was made redundant from a job I really enjoyed
- I fractured a bone in my foot and was in a lot of pain for months
- I moved from the Uk to Corfu, Greece
- I got married in Corfu in a traditional Greek Orthodox Church
- I started running an Etsy shop full time and became a craft blogger
The top event of my year was definitely my wedding day and having my family and friends along with my husbands family and friends all in one place. Which is unlikely to happen again because they all live in different countries.
The low point of the year was hearing that huge changes were being made where I worked, and in the vain hope of becoming thinner for my wedding day, attending an exercise class or two a night for weeks....then I fractured a bone in my foot. Which made me live with my parents for a while, wear an air cast and have to use crutches at all times. All those weeks of exercise going to waste! Trying on a HUGE wedding dress whilst wearing an air cast takes about 3 people to help!
But these things happen and I accepted that while at the time I was sad and upset, what can you do..but get on with it and get over it.
So many good things have happened in my life since moving from the UK to Corfu and I am happy we made that decision.
After running an Etsy shop half heartedly for a few years, doing it alongside my teaching jobs, I thought with hard work I could make it something profitable and successful. Since working on it from the end of August full time in 2014 it has already grown and done well on the run up to Christmas.
In 2015 I have a lot of plans and ideas on how to take it forward and make it even better. I don't really do 'new years resolutions' but a few things I would like to achieve this year are as follows;
- To be more organised with my working day and blogging
- To stop comparing my Etsy shop and skills to others.
- Blogging 3 times a week at least.
- Forget about the numbers! - Etsy Shop stats and analytics
- Make more and change it up - don't just stick to things I know
- Don't resist change
- Don't listen to other people - listen to myself more.
- Getting better with social media.
On a more personal note I would like to;
- Read more
- Take time to illustrate / work in my sketchbook
- Become more advanced in crochet
- Design a cool looking website for my husband's business
- Learn Greek (lessons are starting soon!)
So far I have bought fresh new notebooks and some fancy stationary to get me started!
What are your goals for 2015?