One of the social media accounts I love using is Pinterest, not only because it is extremely pretty and feminine but it is also my go to for searching. I use it all of the time to search for inspiration and how to's. From outfit ideas, recipes and cleaning tips to all things work related. It really is a wealth of information. I use Pinterest consistently and promote my own work from my Etsy shop.
Here are my top 5 tips on how to use Pinterest to promote your Etsy shop:
1. Complete Your Profile And Try To Add Keywords - When I wrote my own I made sure I included the words handmade, knitted and toys. These are the words that best describe my Etsy shop and what I sell.
2. Set Up Boards That Can Show Off Your Work - I set up 5 boards that showcase my own handmade work. I pin to these boards when I can and write descriptions that include keywords. The keywords will help your images to be found when people search. Also make sure your board cover photo is a good, clear image of your work.
3. Find People To Follow - Follow people whose content interests you. I follow people who are fellow crafters, knitters and creatives. I also follow fashion, interiors and illustration based content.
4. Make Some Links - Link your Facebook and Twitter account to Pinterest. You can easily share pins to these accounts and keep your followers updated. I used woobox to add the Pinterest link to my Facebook page for handylittleme. Check it out here:
5. Keep An Eye On Your Followers - Take notice of who is re-pinning you and reach out to them. Like and re-pin their content if it interests you and even invite them to pin to one of your boards. We do this at work and I get invited to pin on various boards, so I can add my ideas to projects. It's always a good idea to interact with people and take note of your notifications, who is pinning what and which of your pins are most popular. It can let you see what content is popular and what you should add more of. For example; one of my knitted tea cosies is very popular and is re-pinned regularly.
This is just the bare minimum of what you can do with Pinterest. There are many ways to use Pinterest to your advantage as a marketing tool. You can go in depth with the analytics also, looking at top Pin impressions, re-pins and clicks.
I also LOVE the secret boards and have quite a few that I use regularly. This is a great feature for projects or ideas that you don't want your followers to see. I use this for work, for ideas and can share the boards with my colleagues. I come back to my secret boards nearly every day, for content that is useful for the many projects I am working on. If you want to check out my Pinterest or follow me, click the button here:
If you follow the steps above, it will increase your following on Pinterest. I have been seeing an improvement lately after working on my own account, with an increase in followers. I have been developing a strategy to increase my following and promote my Etsy shop.