Howdy makers! Today I want to share with you how to make a DIY paper hearts garland.
This is an easy and eye-catching make that you can use for decoration in your home, as wedding decor, for a bridal shower or even a baby shower.
The garland took about 30/40 minutes to make and has a really nice decorative effect.
I used scrapbook papers I had left over from another project and just cut a simple heart template to draw around from paper.
You do need a sewing machine, but hand stitching could work too.
Here are the instructions……enjoy making!
Scrapbook / craft papers
Paper / pencil
Baker’s Twine / Ribbon
- Draw out a heart shape on a piece of paper the size that you want your hearts to be. (About 2”)
- Select the craft papers you wish to use and put 3 layers together with a different design on each.
- Draw round the heart template as many times as you can fit and cut out. (Depending on how long you want your garland to be – make sure you have enough hearts for the length).
- Place your hearts into stack of 3 – with two craft papers facing up and one on the back facing outwards (so you can see the design).
- Thread up your sewing machine and begin to stitch through the first heart, stitch a 2” gap then through the next heart.
- Continue to do this until you have no more hearts left.
- Punch a hole in the top heart and the bottom heart and tie a loop of baker’s twine (or ribbon) through. This will allow you to hang easily.
I hope you have enjoyed this DIY paper hearts garland tutorial.
What have you been making recently? I would love to know. xo