Do you need a new baby gift?
Or want to make something that reveals the gender of your baby to your family?
Then this easy knitting pattern is perfect for you!
*Scroll down for the free printable pattern*
*Don’t forget to pin and share!*
This knitting pattern for the girl baby slippers is great for beginners, there is little shaping and best of all they take about an hour to make.
This baby slippers pattern has full instructions on how to knit the slippers and the bows.
The slippers are knit flat on straight needles, with the bows knit separately and then attached.
Baby Girl Slippers
This pattern is great for beginners as it uses basic knitting stitches – knit and purl, while also introducing you to increasing and decreasing to shape.
I have included a list of knitting abbreviations at the end of the post and instructions on how to make up the finished product.
Simple Baby Slippers Pattern
The infant slippers pattern is easy to follow, making the slippers flat on straight needles and decreasing to shape.
The little bows are made separately and then assembled and stitched onto the front of each shoe.
You could add anything here, a flower or stitched decoration.
Baby Slippers Pattern
The pattern is great for any beginners who are learning how to knit, as it is a quick project and great for stash busting – any yarns you have leftover from other projects can be used up for baby slippers!
I have made slippers using cotton and wool/acrylic blends. Some of my favourite yarns to use for infant slipper shoes are Rico cotton, Sublime baby yarns and Lion brand cotton 24/7.
If you would like to make more knitted items for baby, please take a look at the other patterns in the baby knitting pattern library.
You can scroll down to see the free pattern below or you may choose to purchase the printable ad-free pdf version from my shop.
There is also a pattern bundle for sale featuring 31 of the baby and kids knitting patterns which is great value.
Thank you for your support!
- Sublime Baby Cashmerino – in Pink (Piglet) and light brown (Pebble)
- Any light yarn 03
- 4mm (US 6) knitting needles
- Darning needle
- Tape measure
- Cast on 40 stitches in Yarn A (pink).
- Knit every row for 12 rows.
- Cast of 15 sts knit till the end of row / next row cast of 15 sts.
- Knit 10 stitches for 20 rows / cast off.
- When your slipper looks like a ‘T’ shape, start to stitch it together.
- Fold one side over and stitch along the toe and side seam. I used the mattress stitch to get a neat finish.
- Fold the other side over and stitch into place. (See photos in post for help).
To make the bow
- With 4mm (US 6) needles, and dk/cotton yarn in a coordinating colour,
- Cast on 15 stitches.
- Knit 8 rows in garter stitch
- Cast off.
- Wrap yarn around the middle section of the bow and tie.
The middle bit
- With 4mm (US 6) needles and dk/cotton yarn
- Cast on 5
- Knit 15 rows
- Cast off.
- Place over the middle section of the bow and stitch to hold.
- Stitch the completed bows onto the toes of the baby slippers.
Please note – these slippers are meant for a newborn, the foot bed measures = 3″
Approx = Approximately
Beg = Begin(ning)
Cont = Continue(ing)
K = Knit
K2tog = Knit next 2 stitches together
P – Purl
M1 = Make 1 stitch
Rem = Remaining
Rep = Repeat
Rnd(s) = Round(s)
St(s) = Stitch(es)
The Ultimate Knitting Pattern Bundle | Handy Little Me
Baby And Kids Knitting Pattern Bundle | Handy Little Me
Baby Bow Slippers Knitting Pattern PDF Download | Handy Little Me
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
If you enjoyed making the slippers, I’d love to see yours on Instagram, be sure to tag me @handylittleme.
If you are on Facebook, stop over to the handylittleme Facebook page and share a photo! I’d love to see your work!
Happy Knitting! xoxo