Make yourself a beautiful twisty, curly knitted bookmark or keyring with this fun and easy free knitting pattern.
I made this bookmark twirl in a bright turquoise double knit yarn and added blue coloured beads.
You could also make a keyring, by adding three or more twirls and stitching them onto a keyring loop.
*Please scroll down to see the printable pattern*
There are just so many possibilities for knitted twirls!
The bookmark pattern is easy to follow, knit flat on straight needles.
You can use up leftover yarns in your stash and make lots of twirls in different colours.
The pattern is great for any beginners who are learning how to knit, as it is a great project for learning new stitches.
If you would like to make more knitted items for the home, please take a look at the other patterns in the home knitting pattern library.
- Scraps of DK/light weight yarn 03 in any colour of your choice.
- Keyring hoop or metal bookmark.
- 4mm (US 6) knitting needles.
- Darning needle.
- Tape measure
Cast on 26 sts
- Row 1 and every alternate row – Purl.
- Row 2 – Increase knit wise into each stitch.
- Row 4 – *K1, increase into next stitch*, repeat from * to * to end.
- Row 6 – *K2, increase into next stitch*, repeat from * to * to end.
- Row 8 – *K3, increase into next stitch*, repeat * to * to end.
- Row 10 – Cast of knit wise. Twist up the length as it is cast off the needles.
Making up >
Bookmark – If you have a metal bookmark stitch to the end (or glue with a glue gun)
Key ring – Stitch the twirls to your key ring loop – add beads too.
Approx = Approximately
Beg = Begin(ning)
Cont = Continue(ing)
K = Knit
K2tog = Knit next 2 stitches together
P – Purl
M1 = Make 1 stitch
Rem = Remaining
Rep = Repeat
Rnd(s) = Round(s)
SKPO – Slip one, knit one
St(s) = Stitch(es)
Home Knitting Pattern Bundle | Handy Little Me
The Ultimate Knitting Pattern Bundle | Handy Little Me
Bookmark Knitting Pattern PDF Download | Handy Little Me
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
If you enjoyed making the bookmark, I’d love to see yours on Instagram, be sure to tag me @handylittleme.
If you are on Facebook, stop over to the handylittleme Facebook page and share a photo! I’d love to see your work!
Happy Knitting! xoxo