Make an easy kids cowl with this free knitting pattern, that is perfect for beginners.
The cowl pattern is easy to follow, knit on circular needles.
*Please scroll down to see the printable pattern*
Kids Cowl Pattern
This easy cowl knitting pattern is great for any beginners who are learning how to knit, as it is a great project for practising basic knitting stitches.
The cowl size can also be adapted if you want to make it smaller or larger, just measure the circumference of the recipients neck/shoulders and adjust the number of stitches you cast on.
Some articles on handylittleme.com may contain affiliate links. Click here to read my disclosure policy.
- Super bulky yarn 06 (or 2 strands of DK together) x 3 different colours.
- Lion Brand Wool-Ease Thick and Quick in >
- 1 x Fisherman
- 1 x Sky Blue
- 1 x Navy
- Size 10 mm (US 15) 24″ circular knitting needles.
- Darning needle
- Tape measure.
- Cast on 50 sts
- Start with colour A and knit every round until piece measures 3.5 inches
- Change to yarn colour B and knit in this colour for another 3.5 inches. (Total length = 7 inches)
- Change to yarn colour C and knit another 3.5 inches. (Total length = 10.5 inches)
- Cast off.
- Sew in any loose ends.
This knitted kids cowl will fit ages – 3-5 years old.
Approx = Approximately
Beg = Begin(ning)
Cont = Continue(ing)
K = Knit
K2tog = Knit next 2 stitches together
P – Purl
M1 = Make 1 stitch
Rem = Remaining
Rep = Repeat
Rnd(s) = Round(s)
SKPO – Slip one, knit one
St(s) = Stitch(es)
Lion 640-106C Wool-Ease Thick & Quick Yarn , 97 Meters, Sky Blue
Lion 640-099 Wool-Ease Thick & Quick Yarn , 97 Meters, Fisherman
Lion 640-110 Wool-Ease Thick & Quick Yarn , 97 Meters, Navy
Baby And Kids Knitting Pattern Bundle | Handy Little Me
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
If you enjoyed making the cowl, I’d love to see yours on Instagram, be sure to tag me @handylittleme.
If you are on Facebook, stop over to the handylittleme Facebook page and share a photo! I’d love to see your work!
Happy Knitting! xoxo