Some articles on handylittleme.com may contain affiliate links. Click here to read my disclosure policy.
This pom hat has plenty of slouch!
If you like your hat to be super slouchy, this is perfect and a really easy pattern to follow.
Knit with simple ribbing, this pattern requires basic knowledge of knit and purl stitches, plus some shaping including K2tog.
Easy Slouch Beanie Hat Pattern
The slouchy beanie pattern is easy to follow, knitting in the round on circular needles.
This easy knitting pattern is great for any beginners who are learning how to knit, as it is a great project for learning the basic knitting stitches.
The hat size can also be adapted if you want to make it smaller or larger, just measure the circumference of the recipients head and adjust the number of stitches you cast on.
If you would like to make more knitted items for women, please take a look at the other patterns in the women’s knitting pattern library.
You can scroll down to see the free pattern below or you may choose to purchase the printable ad-free pdf version from my shop.
There is also a pattern bundle for sale featuring 24 of the women’s knitting patterns which is great value.
Thank you for your support!
- Chunky yarn in grey/mustard (Lion Brand Hometown USA)
- White chunky yarn (Lion Brand Hometown USA)
- Circular knitting needles 10 mm (US 15) 16″
- Large Clover Pom Pom Maker (3 – 3/8in)
- Darning needle
- Tape measure
- With 10mm circular needles and grey chunky yarn cast on 40 sts
- Join in the round and place marker.
- Knit 2, Purl 2 – work in 2×2 Rib until piece measures 2 inches
- Cut yarn and tie in the mustard colour, then continue in knit 2, Purl 2 –2×2 Rib until piece measures 10.5 inches from the start of grey edge.
- Next Row: K2TOG
- Next Row: K2TOG
- The total length should be 11 inches.
- Cut a long tail of yarn and thread through remaining stitches. Pull tight together and secure.
- Make a large pom with the clover pom maker (3 – 3/8in) out of white/grey yarn and stitch to the top of the hat.
Approx = Approximately
Beg = Begin(ning)
Cont = Continue(ing)
K = Knit
K2tog = Knit next 2 stitches together
P – Purl
M1 = Make 1 stitch
Rem = Remaining
Rep = Repeat
Rnd(s) = Round(s)
SKPO – Slip one, knit one
St(s) = Stitch(es)