This striped beanie would make a grey holiday accessory for visiting friends or family photographs!
Knit on 4mm circular needles, this hat is a really easy knit, using stocking stitch throughout the pattern.
This holiday hat pattern will introduce you to shaping and decreasing, as well as using basic knit and purl stitches.
*Please scroll down to see the printable pattern*
Easy Slouch Beanie Hat Pattern
The beanie pattern is easy to follow, knitting in the round on circular needles.
This easy knitting pattern is great for any beginners who are learning how to knit, as it is a great project for learning the basic knitting stitches.
If you would like to make more knitted items for women, please take a look at the other patterns in the women’s knitting pattern library.
You can scroll down to see the free pattern below or you may choose to purchase the printable ad-free pdf version from my shop.
There is also a pattern bundle for sale featuring 24 of the women’s knitting patterns which is great value.
Thank you for your support!
Some articles on handylittleme.com may contain affiliate links. Click here to read my disclosure policy.
- 1 x 50g double knit yarn in red (Lion Brand Cotton 24/7)
- 1 x 50g double knit yarn in white (Lion Brand Cotton 24/7)
- 4mm (US 6) 16″ circular knitting needles
- Stitch marker
- Darning needle
- Pom maker
- Cast on 80 (adult size) for a child cast on 72
- Place a stitch marker at the join and be careful not to twist.
- Begin with the red yarn and knit every round until it measures 1 inch. Then cut yarn and tie white yarn to begin next stripe. Each stripe measures 1 inch.
- When hat measures 11 inches from cast on edge (adult) or 10 inches (child) start to decrease.
- Decrease – Round 1 – K2TOG
- Repeat the decrease until you can no longer work in the round.
- Cut the yarn and leaving a 7-inch tail, using your darning needle, threading through remaining stitches, pull tight and secure top of the hat. Then weave in all ends.
Add a pom to the top of the hat, stitching into place.
Approx = Approximately
Beg = Begin(ning)
Cont = Continue(ing)
K = Knit
K2tog = Knit next 2 stitches together
P – Purl
M1 = Make 1 stitch
Rem = Remaining
Rep = Repeat
Rnd(s) = Round(s)
SKPO – Slip one, knit one
St(s) = Stitch(es)
Lion Brand Yarn 761-113 24-7 Cotton Yarn, Red
Lion Brand Yarn 761-100 24-7 Cotton Yarn, White
Knit Picks Options Foursquare Interchangeable Knitting Needles Set - US 4-11
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
If you enjoyed making the beanie, I’d love to see yours on Instagram, be sure to tag me @handylittleme.
If you are on Facebook, stop over to the handylittleme Facebook page and share a photo! I’d love to see your work!
Happy Knitting! xoxo