I wanted to make and share a leopard print hat pattern.
This unisex leopard beanie features a shaped crown and the perfect amount of slouch.
Keep warm and look awesome by making this men’s hat pattern that is really easy for any beginner knitters, this pattern uses basic techniques, including; knit and purl stitches.
*Please scroll down to see the printable pattern*
Knitting In The Round
I made the hat using Alize Lanagold in black and brown, using two strands knit together. This made it suitable for size 10.00mm (US 15) 16″ circular needles.
Lion Brand wool ease thick and quick or something similar would also be fine to use – or any yarn that can be knit on size 10.00mm (US 15) needles.
I knit this hat in the round on circular needles, so there was no seaming involved, just a few loose ends to sew in at the end.
Leopard Print Beanie Hat Pattern
The hat pattern is easy to follow, knitting in the round on circular needles, you could knit this hat on DPN’s if it is your preference.
The hat uses basic stitches – knit and purl, to knit ribbing and then for the main body of the hat.
If you are a beginner it will also introduce you to intarsia and to shaping through simple decreases.
Men’s Beanie Hat Pattern
This easy hat knitting pattern is great for any beginners who are learning how to knit, as it is a great project for learning the basic knitting stitches.
The hat size can also be adapted if you want to make it smaller or larger, just measure the circumference of the recipients head and adjust the number of stitches you cast on.
If you would like to make more knitted items for men, please take a look at the other patterns in the men’s knitting pattern library.
You can scroll down to see the free pattern below or you may choose to purchase the printable ad-free pdf version from my shop.
There is also a pattern bundle for sale featuring 6 of the men’s knitting patterns which is great value.
Thank you for your support!
Some articles on handylittleme.com may contain affiliate links. Click here to read my disclosure policy.
- 1 x skein of super bulky yarn in black
- 1 x skein of super bulky yarn brown
- Super bulky yarn (06)
- An alternative to use would be Lion brand wool ease thick and quick.
- 10mm (US 15) 16″ circular knitting needles
- Darning needle
- Tape measure
- Stitch markers
- Pom maker
- Cast on 56 sts (This is for an adult size)
- Place a marker and join in the round.
- Round 1 – *K2, P2* Repeat from * all around.
- Repeat round 1 for a total of 3 rows.
- Pick up second colour (brown) carry both yarns and follow the graph pattern – from right to left.
- Work the graph from the bottom up and repeat when you reach the 18th row.
- Work the graph for a total of – 20 rounds.
- Working with the black colour only, decrease as follows;
- *K5, K2tog* repeat from * all around.
- Then – *K2, P2* repeat from * all around. Repeat this for a total of 3 rounds.
- *K6, K2tog* repeat from * all around.
- *K3, K2tog* repeat from * all around.
- *K2, K2tog* repeat from * all around.
- *K1, K2tog* repeat from * all around.
- K2tog all around.
Pick up remaining stitches and pull tightly together and stitch closed.
Make a pom in black or brown yarn and stitch to the top of the beanie.
Sew in any loose ends.
Approx = Approximately
Beg = Begin(ning)
Cont = Continue(ing)
K = Knit
K2tog = Knit next 2 stitches together
P – Purl
Rem = Remaining
Rep = Repeat
Rnd(s) = Round(s)
St(s) = Stitch(es)
Knitter's Pride-Dreamz Fixed Circular Needles 16"-Size 15/10mm
Lion 640-153 Wool-Ease Thick & Quick Yarn , 97 Meters, Black
Lion 640-122D Wool-Ease Thick & Quick Yarn , 97 Meters, Taupe
Men's Hat Knitting Pattern Bundle | Handy Little Me
The Ultimate Knitting Pattern Bundle | Handy Little Me
The Leonidas Hat Knitting Pattern PDF Download | Handy Little Me
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
If you enjoyed making the hat, I’d love to see yours on Instagram, be sure to tag me @handylittleme.
If you are on Facebook, stop over to the handylittleme Facebook page and share a photo! I’d love to see your work!
Happy Knitting! xoxo