I wanted to share this cute crochet gadget cozy pattern with you, perfect for leftover yarns.
The bright colours will make this DIY bright gadget cozy easy to love and all your friends will want one too!
Crochet Gadget Cosy Pattern
Use any leftover yarns from your yarn stash to make a gadget cozy.
I used some leftovers and made a bright cozy for my iPod classic – the old dinosaur that it is now!
You can adjust the number of stitches to cast on by measuring the stitches again your phone or another gadget.
- Double knit yarn x 2 colours
- 4 mm (US G/6) crochet hook
- Darning needle
- Gadget – for measurements
- Tape measure
(This cosy was made for an iPod classic)
- Make a slip knot (leave a 6 inch tail) and ch 11 (measure against your gadget to see if you need more or less)
- SC until piece measures 9 inches (measure your gadget to see how long your crochet piece needs to be to cover it)
- Stitch up side seams
Crochet flower >
- Using a 4mm (US G/6) crochet hook ch 22
- Row 1 – 1 dc into the third chain from hook, 1 dc into each dc
- Row 2 – *2 dc into next dc, 1 dc into next dc * repeat * to * to end
- Row 3 – 1 dc into next dc to end
- Row 4 – 1 dc into next dc to end
(dc = double crochet)
Roll frill together and stitch the bottom end to make the flower. Then secure to the front of your gadget cosy.
So voila! you now have a bright gadget cozy to keep your iPod safe!
ch – chain
sc – single crochet
dc – double crochet
If you enjoyed making the pattern, I’d love to see yours on Instagram, be sure to tag me @handylittleme.
If you are on Facebook, stop over to the handylittleme Facebook page and share a photo! I’d love to see your work!