Some articles on handylittleme.com may contain affiliate links. Click here to read my disclosure policy.
This chunky hygge men's bobble hat would make a great gift. The knitted beanie hat is a relatively easy pattern and can introduce you to working with two yarns.
This hat would take you around an hour or two to make (depending on how fast you knit!) and will be a stylish addition to any winter wardrobe!
You can scroll down to see the free pattern below or you may choose to purchase the printable ad-free pdf version from my shop. Thanks so much for your support!
Men's Slouchy Beanie Hat Pattern
- 1 ball of chunky yarn (in dark grey - I used YarnArt Alpine Alpaca in 436 grey and 433 white) and 1 ball or scrap of white suitable for size 10.00mm (US 15) needles. Lion Brand wool ease thick and quick or something similar would also be fine to use. Super bulky weight - 106 yards.
- Gauge - 5 stitches = 2"
- Set of 10.00mm (US 15) circulars
- Stitch markers
- Scissors/Darning needle/Tape measure
- Pom pom maker
Men's Hat Pattern
Yarn A - Dark grey / Yarn B - White
Cast on > 44 sts in Yarn A
1st rnd: K2, P2 to form rib
Knit in rib until work from beg measures 3".
Next row: knit
Next row: (Add in Yarn B) Then - Knit 2 Yarn A, Knit 1 Yarn B
Next: Knit 2 rows Yarn A
These two rows form the pattern - continue until the hat measures 10" from cast on edge.
- Shape top: 1st rnd: *K1. K2tog. Rep from * around.
- 2nd rnd: Knit.
- 3rd rnd: *K1, K2tog. Rep from * around.
- 4th rnd: Knit.
- 5th rnd: K2tog - all remaining sts
Break yarn. Draw end through rem sts and fasten securely.
Sew in any loose ends.
Make a pom pom and securely fasten to the top of the hat.
Approx = Approximately
Beg = Begin(ning)
Cont = Continue(ing)
K = Knit
K2tog = Knit next 2 stitches together
P - Purl
Rem = Remaining
Rep = Repeat
Rnd(s) = Round(s)
St(s) = Stitch(es)
For any help with the knitting stitches please visit the video tutorials page here >