Some articles on handylittleme.com may contain affiliate links. Click here to read my disclosure policy.
Cosy up in this cosy patterned hat inspired by The Albanian Alps. Whether you're indulging in an après-ski, strolling the streets in the snowy weather or just travelling to work on a cold morning, the Efimia hat will keep you warm and look stylish.
This is an intermediate level knitting pattern, and the techniques you will need to know are knit, purl, k2tog, and stranded knitting in the round, as well as knitting on either circular needles or double pointed needles.
You can scroll down to see the free pattern below or you may choose to purchase the printable ad-free pdf version from my shop. Thanks so much for your support!
There is also a pattern bundle for sale featuring 24 of the women's knitting patterns which is great value. Thank you for your support!
Easy Winter Beanie Hat Pattern
- 1 ball of chunky yarn (in dark brown - I used Yarn Art Alpine Alpaca in colour 438) and 1 ball or scrap of white or light brown suitable for size 10.00mm (US 15) needles. Lion Brand wool ease thick and quick or something similar will also be ok to use. Super bulky weight - 106 yards.
- Gauge - 5 stitches = 2"
- Set of 10.00mm (US 15) circulars
- Stitch markers
- Scissors/Darning needle/Tape measure
- Pom pom maker
Easy Knit Beanie Pattern
Yarn A - Dark brown / Yarn B - White (or light brown)
Cast on > 38 sts in Yarn A
1st rnd: K1, P1 to form rib
Knit in rib until work from beg measures 3".
Next row: knit 1 row and add 1 stitch so you have 39 sts.
Next row: (Add in Yarn B)
*Knit 2 Yarn A, Knit 1 Yarn B
Knit 2 rows Yarn A*
These two rows from * to * form the pattern - continue until the hat measures 9" from cast on edge.
- Shape top: 1st rnd: *K1. K2tog. Rep from * around till last st K1.
- 2nd rnd: Knit.
- 3rd rnd: *K2tog. Rep from * around.
Break yarn. Draw end through rem sts and fasten securely.
Sew in any loose ends.
Make a pom pom and securely fasten to the top of the hat.
Approx = Approximately
Beg = Begin(ning)
Cont = Continue(ing)
K = Knit
K2tog = Knit next 2 stitches together
P - Purl
M1 = Make 1 stitch
Rem = Remaining
Rep = Repeat
Rnd(s) = Round(s)
SKPO - Slip one, knit one
St(s) = Stitch(es)
For any help with the knitting stitches please visit the video tutorials page here >