A great knitting project for a beginner is to make something cute for a baby. The choice of free patterns out there is overwhelming as you can find many on Pinterest and Ravelry. I have looked at Pinterest and found a selection of 5 easy knits for a beginner (or advanced) knitter. I hope you enjoy!
1. A great beginner knitting project would be these cute baby slippers. Knit up fast using a soft yarn like Debbie Bliss baby cashmerino would make this knitting project a joy. You could make a variety in various colours to match every outfit (or romper).
2. I am loving this free knitted bear pattern from Debbie Bliss. An inspiration to all knitters, Debbie Bliss has an extensive pattern repoirtoire that ranges from everything baby to accessories for the home. This bear would be a fantastic gift and an heirloom.
3. Feeling inspired by the colours I chose this blanket. the pattern is from Espace Tricot and has a beautiful chevron design. This pattern may be for the more intermediate knitters out there but would be a fabulous addition to any baby's room.
4. This lovely baby sweater knitting pattern by Kelly Broker would keep any baby warm and looking stylish. The pattern would be knitted up beautifully in a soft baby yarn with cute little buttons to finish.
5. This adorable knitted baby hat pattern is a freebie from Mack and Mabel. The hat would look great knitted up in a soft baby cotton. The pattern is fairly easy and would make an excellent beginner knitting project choice. This could be a great gift for a new baby and made in an array of colours to match baby's outfits.