YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- I value your privacy and we will do everything possible to keep your information private.
- I will not share your information with other companies for any reason.
- Every free pattern on the website handylittleme.com is provided totally free of charge.
- Handylittleme does not require signing up, logging in, or registering to access any free resources or free knitting patterns.
- You will only need to be able to sign in if you create an account in my shop so that you can view your pattern orders or memberships.
- To fulfil any orders placed in the shop, you must provide me with certain information (which you provide to me), such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering.
- This information is used for billing purposes and to fill your orders.
- If I have trouble processing an order, I will use this information to contact you.
- When you sign up for the Handy Little Me newsletter, the information you provide (your name and email address) is used solely for the purpose of sending out the newsletter.
- This information is kept private and used only by me.
WHY I NEED YOUR INFORMATION AND HOW I USE IT
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
- As needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
- When you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for my mailing list;
- If necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
REGARDING 3RD PARTY ADVISORS
- I use affiliate links throughout my site.
- I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website.
- This is at no cost to you.
- Your clicks help to support my work in bringing you free knitting and crochet patterns.
Information about my customers is important to my business. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
I use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit my website.
These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
Mediavine Programmatic Advertising
The Website uses Mediavine to manage all third-party advertising on the Website. Mediavine serves content and advertisements when you visit the Website, which may use first and third-party cookies. A cookie is a small text file which is sent to your computer or mobile device (referred to in this policy as a “device”) by the web server so that a website can remember some information about your browsing activity on the Website. The cookie may collect information relating to your use of the Website, information about your device such as the device’s IP address and browser type, demographic data and if you arrived at the Website via a link from a third-party site, the URL of the linking page.
First party cookies are created by the website that you are visiting. A third-party cookie is frequently used in behavioural advertising and analytics and is created by a domain other than the website you are visiting. Third-party cookies, tags, pixels, beacons and other similar technologies (collectively, “Tags”) may be placed on the Website to monitor interaction with advertising content and to target and optimize advertising. Each internet browser has functionality so that you can block both first and third-party cookies and clear your browser’s cache. The “help” feature of the menu bar on most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to receive notification of new cookies, how to disable existing cookies and how to clear your browser’s cache. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, you can consult the information at www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/.
Without cookies, you may not be able to take full advantage of the Website content and features. Please note that rejecting cookies does not mean that you will no longer see ads when you visit our Site.
The Website may collect IP addresses and location information to serve personalized ads and pass it to Mediavine. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices to opt-in or opt-out of this data collection, please visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp. You may also visit http://optout.aboutads.info/#/ and http://optout.networkadvertising.org/# to learn more information about interest-based advertising. You may download the AppChoices app at http://www.aboutads.info/appchoices to opt-out in connection with mobile apps, or use the platform controls on your mobile device to opt-out.
Mediavine partners with the following data processors:
However, I may also be required to retain this information to comply with my legal and regulatory obligations, to resolve disputes, and to enforce my agreements.
I generally keep your data for the following time period: 2 years.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information.
While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
- Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
- Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
- Object. You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
HOW TO CONTACT ME
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Louise Bollanos, am the data controller of your personal information.
If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at email@example.com