Hello there! My name is Louise Bollanos and I have a true love for being creative, one of my favourite things is to sit with a notebook, my project bag and plan/create my next design.
My blog is where I share my love of yarn, inspiration and tutorials for makers of all skill levels.
Since I started developing my creative online presence, I have been passionate about sharing my pattern designs and educational tutorials with you.
On my blog and social media, you will see knitting tricks and tips, roundups of makes from talented designer-makers and insight on what it is like to be a knitting and crochet pattern designer.
About Handy Little Me
Handy Little Me began in 2014, as a blog with a few roundup posts and an Etsy shop.
I used to mainly sell knitted items on Etsy which included hats, scarves, baby knits and tea cosies.
In 2017 I quit teaching and became super serious about my blog and gave it a much-needed overhaul.
I wanted to start designing and writing up my own patterns, that I could share for free on my blog.
I started off with a stitch pattern book and developed some of my favourite stitch patterns into easy knit beanies.
Through trial and error, I found a rhythm in designing and grew from there.
Since then I have designed over 40+ knitting patterns and moved into designing crochet patterns too.
I now feel incredibly thankful to be able to say that I now work on my business full time and have found my happy place.
I am so amazed at all of the love and support I get from people who find my patterns and have been inspired by their creative journies.
- I am an experienced textile designer – my background is in textiles and surface design, I am obsessed with knitting and crochet and have taught both to many students in the past.
- I have always been creative, ever since I was a little kid, I loved to draw and make things, learning how to knit when I was young.
- I love to binge my favourite shows on Netflix with my knitting beside me, tea and Jason (my dog/bestie) cuddling into my legs.
- I am always knitting and try to develop my skills as much as I can.
- Even though I enjoy the knitting and pattern writing process, I want to help you as much as I can to create beautiful items that you can wear or give as gifts.
- All of my patterns are relatively easy for any beginner knitters and I have many video tutorials that can help you with learning new stitches or how to increase, decrease etc.
- I also have a knitting basics guide, crochet basics guide and yarn weights guide that can help you with the fundamentals before you get started.
More about me and Corfu…
I am inspired by so many things, by nature, colours, patterns, textures and of course Pinterest!
My background is in textile design, and I have designed patterns (prints and knitted items) for various companies, but prefer to create fabrics through knitting and crochet because I’m much more connected to that and I enjoy it more.
I taught students for a number of years in the UK, from FDA Textiles (19+) to being Head of Art at a college for three years and teaching A-Level art and design, graphics and textiles.
I currently live with my husband Fotis and our dog Jason in a traditional Greek village on the island of Corfu.
Corfu is a wonderful place, filled with beauty and delicious food.
I divide my time between Greece and the UK, getting to enjoy both cultures.
But nothing beats eating homemade Greek food and walking around Corfu town with my two besties in tow.
Meet the fam
Meet my husband Fotis who models men’s knitwear and spends his weekends being my photographer.
He works long hours in the week running his construction company ConstructionCorfu.
Renovating and building both residential and commercial properties around the island of Corfu, Greece, including huge luxury villas.
He can speak 4 languages fluently and loves all Greek food.
Meet Jason – He is the model for all doggo knitwear and patterns.
Named after the actor Jason Statham, he delivers a good kick and slap when he wants your sandwich or to see what’s in your bag.
He’s my everyday office assistant and he loves cake Fridays.
Start Exploring The Handy Little Me Blog
Jump right in and read some of these posts: