At Handy Little Me, I write about stuff I love and I think you’ll love too.
Some of my posts might include affiliate links.
These are completely free to you and help support the running of this site.
If you would like to feature any of my posts on your site in round-up/list posts, you can use no more than 1 photo and it must include 2 links back to the original post.
If you would like to use more than 1 photo, please contact me to discuss it.
Please don’t use any of my photos in Pinterest pin images or any social media promotion.
This opportunity is open to those of you who are designers and bloggers – or want to become one!
I would love to share your patterns and tutorials on my site, knitting, crochet and crafts are all welcome.
So what kind of content am I looking for?
I am looking for anything creative! Here are some examples that will fit the theme of the Blog:
- Wearables – Anything that can be worn such as sweaters, scarves, hats, gloves etc.
- Home Decor – Something that brings life to the house!
- Something for your pet to wear.
- Knitting patterns.
- Crochet patterns.
- Craft tutorials.
Qualifications to Apply:
- Experience with pattern writing; you will have to know how to write clear and concise patterns that will make it legible for readers to understand.
- You will need at least TWO shots of the finished piece.
- Any step-by-step photos for parts of the pattern that may be confusing for readers.
- Being able to deliver all parts by the decided deadline.
How do you benefit from this?
Writing a guest post for another blog has many benefits to you and your site. These include:
- This will give you the opportunity to be viewed by a new audience; With an average of over 100,000 page views a month, your work will be seen by other makers!
- You will be able to have a small bio about yourself and link your other socials.
- Free promotion on Pinterest from me.
- A way to pingback to your own blog!
- You will still be allowed to sell the final PDF of this pattern, but you will have to wait 30 days before you can publish it on your own website if you choose to do so.
Guest Post Guidelines
If you would like to write a guest post for Handy Little Me, please review my following requirements.
These requirements are to help the post have the maximum benefit for both of us!
- Post length of at least 500-1000 words
- Must be original content and not be published on any other sites.
- You may publish a summary and link to the post on your site for promotional purposes
- Well written & engaging introduction, main body paragraphs and a short key takeaway/summary to conclude.
- Strong keyword used through the post for SEO
- Please use short paragraphs (typically no more than 3 sentences in a paragraph)
- Use bullet points and subheadings to break up the text
- High-quality photos that you have taken (if applicable). You must own the right to all photos submitted or they must be royalty-free photos
- No affiliate links (any links that you include which do not link back to your own site/socials will be a no-follow link).
- You may include up to 2 link backs to posts on your site (I will include at least 1 link to your home page in my introduction) and no more than 2 links to external sites if needed.
- Please be aware that I may edit your post for clarity, grammar, SEO purposes etc.
How to Submit A Guest Post
Please send your submission ideas to me through the contact page.
We can discuss your ideas first and then once agreed you can go ahead and create!
I can’t wait to work with you 🙂