Make a sweet little pair of knitted flower slippers for a new baby in lots of different colours.
This easy baby booties knitting pattern is meant for babies aged between 0 – 3 months.
*Please scroll down to see the printable pattern*
*Don’t forget to pin and share!*
This baby slippers pattern has full instructions on how to knit the slippers and the flowers.
The slippers are knit flat on straight needles, with the flowers knit separately and then attached.
This pattern is great for beginners as it uses basic knitting stitches – knit and purl, while also introducing you to increasing and decreasing to shape.
I have included a list of knitting abbreviations at the end of the post and instructions on how to make up the finished product.
The flower baby slipper pattern is easy to follow, making the slippers flat on straight needles and decreasing to shape.
The flower decoration is knit separately and then stitched onto the toe of the shoe, with either a knitted bobble in the middle to secure or you could add a button (I think a bobble may be safer – in case baby decides to put the slipper in his/her mouth!)
Baby Slippers Knitting Pattern
The pattern is great for any beginners who are learning how to knit, as it is a quick project and great for stash busting – any yarns you have leftover from other projects can be used up for baby booties!
I have made infant slippers using cotton and wool/acrylic blends.
The cotton always knits up really well and you can make a few pairs of the baby slipper shoes in a variety of colours.
- Rico Creative Cotton Aran – in 1 x Banana 68 yellow and 1 x sky blue 37
- *Any light yarn will be ok to use – or Rowan Kid Classic for fluffy slippers.
- 1 pair of 4mm (US 6) straight knitting needles
- Darning needle
- Tape measure
- Cast on 14sts.
- Working in garter stitch, inc each end of rows 1, 3, 5 and 7.
- Dec each end of rows 9, 11, 13 and 15. (14 sts)
- Row 16: cast on 5 sts (for the heel), k19.
- Inc beg rows (toe) 17, 19, 21 and 23
- Row 24: bind (cast off) 10 sts, knit to end
- Rows 25-35: knit
- Row 36: cast on 10 sts, k23.
- Dec beg rows 37, 39, 41 and 43. (19 sts)
- Bind (cast off).
Second slipper >
Make the second shoe to match.
Join heel seam. Pin upper around the sole, easing excess material around the toe, and stitch into place. Weave in any loose ends.
Flower (small) >
- 4mm (us 6) needles and a double knit yarn of your colour choice
- Cast on 50 sts
- Row 1: (WS): Knit
- Row 2: *K1, cast off next 8 sts (one st on right needle after cast off), rep from * 4 times more.
- Break yarn and thread through rem 10 sts.
- Pull up tight and fasten off securely.
Making up your flower >
- For a small knitted bobble…cast on 6 sts
- Row 1: knit Row 2; Purl Row 3: Knit Row 4: Purl. Row 5: Knit. Row 6: purl
- Stitch through your square along all of the edges and pull tight.
- This should form your bobble. Secure to flower.
Size > 0-3 months
Beg – beginning
Cont – Continue
Dec – decrease by knitting the next 2 stitches together
Foll – following
Inc – increase by knitting into the front and back of next stitch
K – knit
Sts – stitches
The Ultimate Knitting Pattern Bundle | Handy Little Me
Baby And Kids Knitting Pattern Bundle | Handy Little Me
Baby Girl Slippers Knitting Pattern PDF Download | Handy Little Me
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
If you enjoyed making the slippers, I’d love to see yours on Instagram, be sure to tag me @handylittleme.
If you are on Facebook, stop over to the handylittleme Facebook page and share a photo! I’d love to see your work!
Happy Knitting! xoxo