In this post, you will see a baby slippers pattern.
Make a sweet little pair of slippers for a new baby in lots of different colors.
This pattern is meant for babies aged between 0 – 3 months.
A Basic Level Knitting Pattern
This is an easy pattern for those of you who are basic beginner level, and the techniques you will need to know are casting on, casting off, knit and purl stitches.
The slippers are knit in one piece and then seamed to create the shape.
The knitted flowers are then stitched to the toe of the slippers.
*Please scroll down to see the free pattern*
Resources and tutorials you may find helpful in following this pattern:
This pattern is great for any beginner knitters.
- Knitting cast-on methods.
- Knitting Lessons
- How to cast on knitting.
- How to cast off knitting.
- How to knit the garter stitch.
- How to knit the purl stitch.
- How to knit stockinette stitch.
- How to read knitting patterns.
- Knitting abbreviations and terms.
- How to knit rib stitch.
- How to kit two stitches together – K2tog.
- Rico Creative Cotton Aran 50g – in 1 x Banana 68 yellow For the flower) and 1 x sky blue 37 (For the slippers)
- *Any light yarn weight/DK yarn will be ok to use – or Rowan Kid Classic for fluffy slippers.
- 1 pair of 4mm (US 6) straight knitting needles
- Darning needle
- Tape measure
- Cast on 14sts.
- Working in garter stitch, inc each end of rows 1, 3, 5, and 7.
- Dec each end of rows 9, 11, 13, and 15. (14 sts)
- Row 16: cast on 5 sts (for the heel), k19.
- Inc beg rows (toe) 17, 19, 21 and 23
- Row 24: bind (cast off) 10 sts, knit to end
- Rows 25-35: knit
- Row 36: cast on 10 sts, k23.
- Dec beg rows 37, 39, 41, and 43. (19 sts)
- Bind (cast off).
Second slipper >
Make the second shoe to match.
Join heel seam. Pin upper around the sole, easing excess material around the toe, and stitch into place. Weave in any loose ends.
Flower (small) >
- 4mm (us 6) needles and a double knit yarn of your color choice
- Cast on 50 sts
- Row 1: (WS): Knit
- Row 2: *K1, cast off next 8 sts (one st on right needle after cast off), rep from * 4 times more.
- Break yarn and thread through rem 10 sts.
- Pull up tight and fasten off securely.
Making up your flower >
- For a small knitted bobble…cast on 6 sts
- Row 1: knit
- Row 2; Purl
- Row 3: Knit
- Row 4: Purl.
- Row 5: Knit.
- Row 6: purl
- Stitch through your square along all of the edges and pull tight.
- This should form your bobble.
- Secure to flower.
Size > 0-3 months
Beg – beginning
Cont – Continue
Dec – decrease by knitting the next 2 stitches together
Foll – following
Inc – increase by knitting into the front and back of next stitch
K – knit
Sts – stitches
Share your work with us…
I love seeing your finished projects!
If you enjoyed making the slippers, I’d love to see yours on Instagram, be sure to tag me @handylittleme.