Summer Baby OutfitsTHIS ARTICLE CONTAINS AFFILIATE LINKS THAT SUPPORT HANDY LITTLE ME CONTENT AND FREE PATTERNS.
If you are looking for summer baby outfits and are wondering what should you dress your baby in during the warm (or hotter) weather?
The answer to this is simple, if you are hot then so are they.
If you are comfy wearing a tee shirt and shorts, then your baby can wear something similar.
Tips For Dressing Baby In the Summer
- For hot days, soft breathable cotton clothing is best, something like a short-sleeved bodysuit will be just the thing!
- You can add layers later if it gets cooler.
- Try to avoid any synthetic fabrics, like nylon or viscose.
- If it begins to get super hot, dressing your baby in a nappy only is appropriate, so that they don’t overheat.
- Most babies still like to be wrapped for sleep, even when it’s hot.
- So if it’s a really hot day, just strip baby down to a nappy and wrap in a light muslin or cotton wrap.
- Leave your baby’s head uncovered and his hands poking out of the wrap to allow some ability for self-cooling.
- Babies don’t have the ability to sweat as much as adults, they sweat from their neck, hands, feet, and head.
- This means they can become overheated quickly, check to make sure they are comfortable and don’t layer them up with socks and hats as it could impair their ability to cool down.
- Only use a sun hat when necessary and try to keep them in the shade.
- If you are in the sea or the pool, wet the hat and place it on top of babies head to make sure they are cool and protected.
- Below are a selection of summer baby outfits to give you some ideas for keeping your little one cool in the heat and looking stylish!
**All images sourced from Pinterest**