Some articles on handylittleme.com may contain affiliate links. Click here to read my disclosure policy.
This pretty knitted bunting is perfect for decorating inside or outside for parties, and a great way to use up leftover yarns from your stash – the knitted flags look best in a mix of different colours and textures.
Only simple stitches are used, so it’s a great pattern for beginners.
The bunting pattern is easy to follow, knitting each triangle flat on straight needles.
The bunting knitting pattern is great for any beginners who are learning how to knit, as it is a great project for practising garter stitch and learning how to increase/decrease.
You can even experiment and personalise the flags by adding embroidered initials or knitted bobbles.
The bunting flag size can also be adapted if you want to make them smaller or larger.
If you would like to make more knitted items for the home, please take a look at the other patterns in the home knitting pattern library.
You can scroll down to see the free pattern below or you may choose to purchase
the printable ad-free pdf version from my shop.
There is also a pattern bundle for sale featuring 15 of the home knitting patterns which is great value.
Thank you for your support!
- Any colour in DK yarn of your choice for 4mm (US 6) needles
- 4 mm (US 6) Knitting needles
- Darning needle
- Using 4mm (US 6) needles, cast on 2 stitches
- Knit 3 rows in garter stitch (every row knit)
- Next row and every following 4th row: K1, M1, K to the last st, M1, K1
- Repeat these 4 rows until you have 40 sts on your needle.
- Knit 3 rows in garter stitch
- Cast off.
- Sew in any loose ends.
- Link together by stitching yarn through every piece.
Approx = Approximately
Beg = Begin(ning)
Cont = Continue(ing)
K = Knit
K2tog = Knit next 2 stitches together
P – Purl
M1 = Make 1 stitch
Rem = Remaining
Rep = Repeat
SKPO – Slip one, knit one
St(s) = Stitch(es)
Stocking stitch (knit one row, purl one row)