In this post, you will see a striped kids cowl knitting pattern.
Make this kids cowl that is perfect for advanced beginners.
The cowl pattern is easy to follow, knit on circular needles.
Easy Skill Level
This is an easy pattern for those of you who are advanced beginner level, and the techniques you will need to know are casting on, casting off and knitting in the round.
If you have never knit in the round before you can watch my video tutorial here.
*Please scroll down to see the free pattern*
Resources and tutorials you may find helpful in following this pattern:
This pattern is great for any advanced beginner knitters.
- You should be comfortable casting on and casting off, as well as knitting in garter stitch.
- You should be comfortable knitting in the round.
- You should also be comfortable reading knitting patterns.
- And understanding knitting abbreviations and terms.
- Super bulky yarn 06 x 3 different colours.
- Lion Brand Wool-Ease Thick and Quick in >
- 1 x Fisherman
- 1 x Sky Blue
- 1 x Navy
- Size 10 mm (US 15) 24″ circular knitting needles.
- Darning needle
- Tape measure.
- Cast on 50 sts.
- Start with colour A and knit every round until piece measures 3.5 inches.
- Change to yarn colour B and knit in this colour for another 3.5 inches. (Total length = 7 inches)
- Change to yarn colour C and knit another 3.5 inches. (Total length = 10.5 inches)
- Cast off.
- Sew in any loose ends.
This knitted kids cowl will fit ages – 3-5 years old.
Gauge - 10 sts and 15 rounds = 4in/10cm
Beg = Begin(ning)
Cont = Continue(ing)
K = Knit
Rem = Remaining
Rep = Repeat
Rnd(s) = Round(s)
St(s) = Stitch(es)
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
If you enjoyed making the cowl, I’d love to see yours on Instagram, be sure to tag me @handylittleme.
If you are on Facebook, stop over to the handylittleme Facebook page and share a photo! I’d love to see your work!
Happy Knitting! xoxo