Howdy makers! Today I want to share with you how to make a DIY paper hearts garland.
This is an easy and eye-catching make that you can use for decoration in your home, as wedding decor, for a bridal shower or even a baby shower.
The garland took about 30/40 minutes to make and has a really nice decorative effect.
Heart Garland DIY
I used scrapbook papers I had left over from another project and just cut a simple heart template to draw around from paper.
You do need a sewing machine, but hand stitching could work too.
Here are the instructions……enjoy making!
- Scrapbook / craft papers
- Baker’s Twine / Ribbon
- Sewing Machine
- Paper / pencil
- Hole punch
- Draw out a heart shape on a piece of paper the size that you want your hearts to be. (About 2”)
- Select the craft papers you wish to use and put 3 layers together with a different design on each.
- Draw round the heart template as many times as you can fit and cut out. (Depending on how long you want your garland to be – make sure you have enough hearts for the length).
- Place your hearts into stack of 3 – with two craft papers facing up and one on the back facing outwards (so you can see the design).
- Thread up your sewing machine and begin to stitch through the first heart, stitch a 2” gap then through the next heart.
- Continue to do this until you have no more hearts left.
- Punch a hole in the top heart and the bottom heart and tie a loop of baker’s twine (or ribbon) through. This will allow you to hang easily.
If you enjoyed making the garland, I’d love to see yours on Instagram, be sure to tag me @handylittleme.
If you are on Facebook, stop over to the handylittleme Facebook page and share a photo! I’d love to see your work!