In this post, you will see how to make a paper heart garland DIY.
This is an easy and eye-catching make that you can use for decoration in your home, as wedding decor, for a bridal shower, or even for a baby shower.
This is also great Valentine’s day decor.
Hearts are the main decor on the 14th of February and if you love DIY projects why not make a Valentine’s day craft.
The garland took about 30/40 minutes to make and has a really nice decorative effect.
The Papers You Need
I used scrapbook papers I had leftover from another project and just cut a simple heart template to draw around from paper.
This Valentine’s day garland can use any color paper you have, you could also use a hot glue gun instead of sewing them together if you wanted to.
You do need a sewing machine, but hand stitching could work too.
Here are the instructions below……enjoy making!
- Scrapbook / craft papers
- Baker’s Twine / Ribbon
- Sewing Machine
- Paper / pencil
- Hole punch
- Draw out a heart shape on a piece of paper the size that you want your hearts to be. (About 2”)
- Select the craft papers you wish to use and put 3 layers together with a different design on each.
- Draw around the heart template as many times as you can fit and cut out. (Depending on how long you want your garland to be – make sure you have enough hearts for the length).
- Place your hearts into a stack of 3 – with two craft papers facing up and one on the back facing outwards (so you can see the design).
- Thread up your sewing machine and begin to stitch through the first heart, stitch a 2” gap then through the next heart.
- Continue to do this until you have no more hearts left.
- Punch a hole in the top heart and the bottom heart and tie a loop of baker’s twine (or ribbon) through. This will allow you to hang easily.
Share your work with us…
I love seeing your finished projects!
If you enjoyed making the garland, I’d love to see yours on Instagram, be sure to tag me @handylittleme.
I’d love to see your work!