Make a hair bow with this easy crochet bow pattern and be the envy of everyone you know!
This would look great clipped into the back of your hair – if you have it up in a messy bun, or in a bunch of other cool styles.
Plus this pretty bow hair accessory would make a great quick gift, especially for kids or teens, as they love all kinds of hair clips.
I made this using double knit yarn and a 4mm (US G/6) crochet hook.
Resources and tutorials you may find helpful in following this pattern:
This pattern is great for any crochet beginners.
- Double knit yarn around 30g
- 4 mm (US G/6) crochet hook
- Darning needle
- Hairpin or slide
- Glue gun
- Ch 40
- Sc into the second chain from hook and in each chain across until piece measures 1.5inches
- When you get to the last stitch, sc, then cut yarn and pull it through tight and weave in any loose ends.
- Fold over both ends to the middle of the length, then with small stitches stitch into place.
- Wrap yarn around the centre to pull into a bow shape, tie off.
- Ch 6 and sc until piece measures 3.2 inches. Curl around middle section and stitch into place.
- Glue a hair slide to the back of the bow or thread a hairpin through.
The pattern is written using US crochet terms and abbreviations.
ch – chain
sc – single crochet
dc – double crochet
Share your work with us…
I love seeing your finished projects!
If you enjoyed making the pattern, I’d love to see yours on Instagram, be sure to tag me @handylittleme.
I’d love to see your work!