Make a super fluffy pom tea cosy with this easy free pattern.
This cosy may look like a little fluffy lap dog, but it’s not!
Made with chunky yarn, the cosy is covered in pom poms around both openings.
This is a really simple knitting pattern that is perfect for any beginners.
Tea Cosy Pattern
The tea cosy pattern is easy to follow, knitted flat on straight needles.
You can use up leftover yarns in your stash and make lots of tea cosies in different colours.
The tea cozy pattern is great for any beginners who are learning how to knit, as it is a great project for learning new stitches.
If you would like to make more knitted items for the home, please take a look at the other patterns in the home knitting pattern library.
You can scroll down to see the free pattern below or you may choose to purchase the printable ad-free pdf version from my shop.
There is also a pattern bundle for sale featuring 15 of the home knitting patterns which is great value.
Thank you for your support!
- 1 x 50g ball of Sirdar softie super chunky (any colour choice)
- 2 50g x Double knit yarn in your colour choice.
- Pair of 10mm needles (US 15)
- Pom maker or 2 cut cardboard circles
- Darning needle
- Cast on 20sts (this is knit in one piece)
- Knit all rows until piece measures 12 inches
- Cast off
Making up >
- Sew together at the top and bottom of the sides leaving holes for the spout and the handle.
- Pom decoration – I used a clover pom maker to make the decoration and stitched around the openings.
Approx = Approximately
Beg = Begin(ning)
Cont = Continue(ing)
K = Knit
K2tog = Knit next 2 stitches together
P – Purl
M1 = Make 1 stitch
Rem = Remaining
Rep = Repeat
Rnd(s) = Round(s)
SKPO – Slip one, knit one
St(s) = Stitch(es)