Fluffy Pom Pom Tea Cosy PatternTHIS ARTICLE CONTAINS AFFILIATE LINKS THAT SUPPORT HANDY LITTLE ME CONTENT AND FREE PATTERNS.
Make a super fluffy pom tea cosy with this easy free pattern.
This cosy may look like a little fluffy lap dog, but it’s not!
Made with chunky yarn, the cosy is covered in pom poms around both openings.
This is a really simple knitting pattern that is perfect for any beginners.
A Basic Level Knitting Pattern
This is an easy pattern for those of you who are beginner level, and the techniques you will need to know are knit, purl, casting on and casting off.
Using mainly knit and purl stitches, it will also introduce you to decreasing and shaping.
More Tea Cosy Patterns
You may also like these free patterns for tea cosies:
- Tea cosy knitting pattern
- Tea cosy pattern | Monet’s garden
- Cupcake tea cosy pattern
- Bunny tea cosy knitting pattern
Resources and tutorials you may find helpful in following this pattern:
This pattern is great for any beginner knitters.
- You should be comfortable casting on and casting off, as well as knitting in garter stitch.
- You should also be comfortable reading knitting patterns.
- And understanding knitting abbreviations and terms.
Fluffy Pom Pom Tea Cosy Pattern
Purchase the inexpensive ad-free, PDF printable pattern in my shop here.
Skill Level – Basic
This simple tea cosy pattern is knit in one piece and stitched together to leave openings for the handle and spout.
- Please do not copy, sell, redistribute or republish this pattern.
- If you wish to share this pattern, link to the pattern page only.
- You may sell items produced using this pattern.
- Do NOT use the copyrighted photos for your product listing.
Size – To fit the circumference of the teapot 18 inches.
Gauge – 10 sts and 24 rows = 4in/10cm measured in garter stitch.
The Supplies You Need
- 1 x 50g ball of Sirdar softie super bulky (any colour choice)
- 2 50g x Double knit yarn in your colour choice.
- Pair of 10mm needles (US 15)
- Darning needle
- Tape measure
- Pom maker clover 1 3/8 inch or 2 cut cardboard circles
- Beg = Begin(ning)
- Cont = Continue(ing)
- K = Knit
- Rem = Remaining
- St(s) = Stitch(es)
- Cast on 20sts (this is knit in one piece)
- Knit all rows until piece measures 12 inches
- Cast off
Making up >
- Sew together at the top and bottom of the sides leaving holes for the spout and the handle.
- Pom decoration – I used a clover pom maker to make the decoration and stitched around the openings.
- I had around 10 pom poms for each side – so 20 in total.
I love seeing your finished projects!
If you enjoyed making the tea cosy, I’d love to see yours on Instagram, be sure to tag me @handylittleme.
If you are on Facebook, stop over to the handylittleme Facebook page and share a photo! I’d love to see your work!
Happy Knitting! xoxo