This easy egg cosy knitting pattern is perfect for beginners and will be sure to keep your boiled eggs warm and cosy on Sunday mornings!
Make the egg cosy with the flower decoration in many different colours.
The pattern is easy to follow, knit flat on straight needles.
Egg Cosy Pattern
You can use up leftover yarns in your stash and make lots of egg cosies in different colours.
The egg cozy pattern is great for any beginners who are learning how to knit, as it is a great project for learning new stitches.
If you would like to make more knitted items for the home, please take a look at the other patterns in the home knitting pattern library.
You may also be interested in making this fluffy Easter bunny egg cozy.
Egg Cosy Knitting Pattern
Skill Level – Easy
- Double knit (DK) yarns in any colour (around 20g or less – any yarn scraps will do).
- Yarn weight guide
Needles + Notions
- 4mm (US 6) knitting needles
- Darning needle
- Tape measure
Abbreviations / Knitting Abbreviations List
- Approx = Approximately
- Beg = Begin(ning)
- Cont = Continue(ing)
- K = Knit
- K2tog = Knit next 2 stitches together
- P – Purl
- Rem = Remaining
- Rep = Repeat
- St(s) = Stitch(es)
- Stocking stitch (knit one row, purl one row)
- WS – Wrong side
- Cast on 28 stitches with your yarn colour choice
- Knit stocking stitch until piece measures 1 inch, ending with a purl row.
- *k2tog, k4, repeat from * till end
- *k2tog, K3, repeat from * till end
- *K2tog, K2, repeat from * till end
- K2tog across.
- Break off yarn leaving a 7-inch length.
- Thread the 7-inch length onto a sewing needle, draw it through all stitches on the knitting needle.
- Pull tightly. Fold right sides together and sew the seam with the 7-inch length yarn.
- Weave in loose ends.
- Turn right side out.
- Using 4 mm needles and yarn of your colour choice
- Cast on 50 sts
- Row 1: (WS): Knit
- Row 2: *K1, cast off next 8 sts (one st on right needle after cast off), rep from * 4 times more.
- Break yarn and thread through rem 10 sts. Pull up tight and fasten off securely.
- Using 4mm needles and any double knit yarn, cast on 80sts
- Row 1: WS: knit
- Row 2: *k1, cast off next 14 sts (one st on right needle after cast off) rep from * 4 times more.
- Break yarn and thread through rem 10 sts.
- Pull up tight and fasten off securely.
- Sew button into place in the middle of the small flower and then stitch to the medium flower and attach to the top of your egg cosy.
I love seeing your finished projects!
If you enjoyed making the pattern, I’d love to see yours on Instagram, be sure to tag me @handylittleme.
If you are on Facebook, stop over to the handylittleme Facebook page and share a photo! I’d love to see your work!
Happy Knitting! xoxo