Make a hair bow with this easy crochet bow pattern and be the envy of everyone you know!
This would look great clipped into the back of your hair – if you have it up in a messy bun, or in a bunch of other cool styles!
I made this using double knit yarn and a 4mm (US G/6) crochet hook.
I chose a mustard coloured yarn because I wanted it to go with a grey cardigan I have.
You could make a few though, in all different colours, bright bows for summer days and to go with cute dresses!
Crochet Bow Pattern
This easy crochet pattern is great for any beginners who are learning how to crochet as it is a great project for learning the basic crochet stitches.
If you would like to make more crochet items, please take a look at the other patterns in the crochet pattern library.
An easy to make DIY crochet hair bow.
- Double knit yarn
- 4 mm (US G/6) crochet hook
- Darning needle
- Hairpin or slide
- Glue gun
- Ch 40
- Sc into the second chain from hook and in each chain across until piece measures 1.5inches
- When you get to the last stitch, sc, then cut yarn and pull it through tight and weave in any loose ends.
- Fold over both ends to the middle of the length, then with small stitches stitch into place.
- Wrap yarn around the centre to pull into a bow shape, tie off.
- Ch 6 and sc until piece measures 3.2 inches. Curl around middle section and stitch into place.
- Glue a hair slide to the back of the bow or thread a hairpin through.
ch – chain
sc – single crochet
dc – double crochet