This chunky snood knitting pattern is a quick and easy knit, perfect for beginners.
The winter snood is knitted using a simple repeat pattern and will keep you warm during the colder months, as it is knit with super bulky yarn.
Easy to wear as a cowl or up over your head when the weather is really cold, the snood will definitely keep you warm!
An Easy Level Knitting Pattern
This is an easy pattern for those of you who are advanced beginner level, and the techniques you will need to know are knit, purl and knitting in the round.
If you have never knit in the round before you can watch my video tutorial here.
*Please scroll down to see the free pattern*
The Yarn I Used…
I made the snood using a super bulky weight (06) yarn – 3 100g skeins of Delfino Tweed Country in shade 335 from a local yarn store here in Corfu, Greece.
You could substitute this with any yarn that is for size 10mm needles (US 15).
A great yarn substitute would be Lion Brand Wool-Ease Thick and Quick.
Resources and tutorials you may find helpful in following this pattern:
This pattern is great for any advanced beginner knitters.
- You should be comfortable casting on and casting off, as well as knitting in garter stitch.
- You should be comfortable working the purl stitch.
- You should be comfortable knitting in the round.
- You should also be comfortable reading knitting patterns.
- And understanding knitting abbreviations and terms.
Snood Knitting Pattern
The snood up quickly in super bulky yarn and the simple design makes a relaxing and enjoyable knit.
- Please do not copy, sell, redistribute or republish this pattern.
- If you wish to share this pattern, link to the pattern page only.
- You may sell items produced using this pattern.
- Do NOT use the copyrighted photos for your product listing.
Skill Level – Easy
- Adult woman
Gauge – 9 sts and 18 rounds = 4in/10cm in stocking stitch.
The Supplies You Need…
- I used 3 100g skeins of Delfino Tweed Country in shade 335 from a local yarn store here in Corfu, Greece.
- You could substitute this with any yarn that is for size 10mm needles (US 15).
- A great yarn substitute would be Lion Brand Wool-Ease Thick and Quick.
- Super bulky weight – 106 yards. / Yarn weight guide
- Set of 10.00mm (US 15) 24″ circular knitting needles
Abbreviations / Knitting Abbreviations List
- Approx = Approximately
- Beg = Begin(ning)
- Cont = Continue(ing)
- K = Knit
- P – Purl
- PM = Place marker
- Rem = Remaining
- Rep = Repeat
- Rnd(s) = Round(s)
- St(s) = Stitch(es)
- Cast on 101 stitches, join in the round and pm, being careful not to twist the sts.
- Round 1 – Purl
- Round 2 – Knit
- Round 3 – Knit
- Round 4 – Knit
- Round 5 – Purl
- Repeat rounds *2-5* to form the pattern
- Continue in the pattern set (rounds 1-5) until the piece measures 18 inches from the cast-on edge.
- Cast off.
- Sew in any loose ends.
I love seeing your finished projects!
If you enjoyed making the snood, I’d love to see yours on Instagram, be sure to tag me @handylittleme.
If you are on Facebook, stop over to the handylittleme Facebook page and share a photo! I’d love to see your work!
Happy Knitting! xoxo