This knit infinity scarf pattern is a quick and easy ribbed scarf to make, which makes it perfect for beginners.
The scarf is knitted using ribbing and will keep you warm during the colder months, as it is made with super bulky yarn.
Named after Khione the Greek goddess of snow, this scarf will double up as a wrap when needed in the icy winter temperatures.
An Easy Level Knitting Pattern
This is an easy pattern for those of you who are advanced beginner level, and the techniques you will need to know are knit, purl and knitting in the round.
If you have never knit in the round before you can watch my video tutorial here.
*Please scroll down to see the free pattern*
The Yarn I Used…
This ribbed scarf has a nice drape to it because of the yarn that was used to make it.
I used Yarn Art Alpine Alpaca in the colour light brown 432, which is 30% Alpaca Wool 10% Wool 60% Acrylic.
The yarn is really soft to wear and I used 2 skeins, at 150g each – 300g in total.
Any super bulky weight yarn 06 will be okay to use for this pattern.
This infinity scarf is knit on circular needles width-wise – so you are knitting the whole length of the scarf until it reaches the length that you want.
I knitted around 12 inches and that was high enough for me, but if you want to make it longer or shorter, it is up to you!
For more scarf and cowl knitting patterns please visit these posts >
- The Elisavet Matching Cowl And Hat Knitting Pattern
- The Hermione Hat And Matching Cowl Knitting Pattern
- The Hera Infinity Scarf And Hat Knitting Pattern
- The Nikoletta Infinity Scarf
- Scarf Knitting Patterns
- How To Knit An Easy Triangle Wrap For Fall
- Free Cowl Knitting Patterns
Resources and tutorials you may find helpful in following this pattern:
This pattern is great for any advanced beginner knitters.
- You should be comfortable casting on and casting off, as well as knitting in garter stitch.
- You should be comfortable working the purl stitch.
- You should be comfortable knitting in the round.
- You should also be comfortable reading knitting patterns.
- And understanding knitting abbreviations and terms.
Knit Infinity Scarf Pattern
The scarf knits up quickly in super bulky yarn and the simple design makes for a relaxing and enjoyable knit.
- Please do not copy, sell, redistribute or republish this pattern.
- If you wish to share this pattern, link to the pattern page only.
- You may sell items produced using this pattern.
- Do NOT use the copyrighted photos for your product listing.
Skill Level – Easy
- Adult woman
- Length = 35 inches / Width = 12 inches
Gauge – 10 sts and 15 rounds = 4in/10cm
The Supplies You Need…
- Super Bulky Yarn 06 / Yarn weight guide
- I used 2 skeins of Yarn Art Alpine Alpaca in light brown 432 (300g)
- 10 mm (US 15) 24″ circular knitting needles
- Optional – 12 mm (US 17) needles
Abbreviations / Knitting Abbreviations List
- CO – Cast on
- Cont – Continue
- K = Knit
- P – Purl
- PM – Place marker
- Rep = Repeat
- St(s) = Stitch(es)
- CO 140 sts, join in the round and pm, being careful not to twist the sts.
- P2, K3 to the end of the round.
- Cont to P2, K3 for every round until piece measures 12 inches from the co edge.
- Loosely cast off in rib – I changed the needles to 12mm (US 17) for the casting off, so that it was loose.
- Cut a tail of yarn and weave in any loose ends.