This easy infinity scarf is a great pattern for any beginners as it uses basic knitting stitches.
The scarf is knitted using stocking stitch and will keep you warm during the colder months, as it is knit with super bulky yarn.
It wraps around your neck twice to make a warm and cosy cowl.
An Easy Level Knitting Pattern
This is an easy pattern for those of you who are advanced beginner level, and the techniques you will need to know are knit, purl and knitting in the round.
If you have never knit in the round before you can watch my video tutorial here.
*Please scroll down to see the free pattern*
Resources and tutorials you may find helpful in following this pattern:
This pattern is great for any advanced beginner knitters.
- You should be comfortable casting on and casting off, as well as knitting in garter stitch.
- You should be comfortable working the purl stitch.
- You should be comfortable knitting in the round.
- You should also be comfortable reading knitting patterns.
- And understanding knitting abbreviations and terms.
How to knit an infinity scarf with circular needles
The scarf knits up quickly in super bulky yarn and the simple design makes for a relaxing and enjoyable knit.
- Please do not copy, sell, redistribute or republish this pattern.
- If you wish to share this pattern, link to the pattern page only.
- You may sell items produced using this pattern.
- Do NOT use the copyrighted photos for your product listing.
Skill Level – Easy
- Adult woman
Gauge – 9 sts and 18 rounds = 4in/10cm in stocking stitch.
The Supplies You Need
- 1 skein of Rowan Big Wool shade ‘white-hot’ 01
- 1 skein of Hayfield Chunky With Wool in ‘Stoneacre’ 772
- Scraps of a green mohair yarn I had leftover from a previous project in Rowan Kidsilk Haze ‘jelly’ 597 – this was knit with 3 strands together.
- Super Bulky Yarn/Yarn weight guide
- Knitting needles – 10 mm (US 15) 24″ circular needles
Abbreviations / Knitting Abbreviations List
- Approx = Approximately
- Beg = Begin(ning)
- Cont = Continue(ing)
- K = Knit
- K2tog = Knit next 2 stitches together
- P – Purl
- M1 = Make 1 stitch
- Rem = Remaining
- Rep = Repeat
- Rnd(s) = Round(s)
- St(s) = Stitch(es)
- Using the 10 mm (US 15) 24″ circular needles and the chunky yarn cast on 135 stitches.
- Join in the round and place a marker.
- Knit all rounds until piece measures – 14 inches.
- *You can add in other colours if you want to make a stripe or use various textures. *
- Cast off loosely and weave in the ends.
I love seeing your finished projects!
If you enjoyed making the infinity scarf, I’d love to see yours on Instagram, be sure to tag me @handylittleme.
If you are on Facebook, stop over to the handylittleme Facebook page and share a photo! I’d love to see your work!
Happy Knitting! xoxo