Beanie Hat With Pom Pom| The AstraiaTHIS ARTICLE CONTAINS AFFILIATE LINKS THAT SUPPORT HANDY LITTLE ME CONTENT AND FREE PATTERNS.
This simple beanie hat with pom pom knitting pattern is an excellent project for any advanced beginner knitter.
This knitted hat has been made with the softest yarn and will be sure to keep you nice and cozy in the cold weather.
Please scroll down to view the free pattern or purchase a printer-friendly ad-free PDF in my shop here.
Resources and tutorials you may find helpful in following this pattern:
This pattern is great for any advanced beginner knitter.
- Knitting cast-on methods.
- Knitting Lessons
- How to cast on knitting.
- How to cast off knitting.
- How to knit the garter stitch.
- How to knit the purl stitch.
- How to knit stockinette stitch.
- How to read knitting patterns.
- Knitting abbreviations and terms.
- How to knit rib stitch.
- How to kit two stitches together – K2tog.
- How to knit in the round.
Beanie Hat With Pom Pom Pattern
Purchase the printable ad-free pdf version from my shop here.
The hat knits up quickly and the simple design makes for a relaxing and enjoyable knit.
- Please do not copy, sell, redistribute, or republish this pattern.
- If you wish to share this pattern, link to the pattern page only.
- You may sell items produced using this pattern.
- Do NOT use copyrighted photos for your product listing.
Skill Level – Easy
- Adult medium.
- To fit head around 22-24 inches in circumference.
10 sts and 15 rounds = 4in/10cm.
The Supplies You Need
- 1 skein of super bulky yarn suitable for size 10.00mm (US 15) needles.
- Rico Creative Melange in white 01 (x 2 skeins) or something similar.
- I used 2 strands together of the Rico Creative Melange in 001 to knit the hat.
- A good yarn substitute would be 1 x skein of Lion Brand Wool-Ease Thick and Quick (knit with only 1 strand).
- Super bulky weight – 106 yards.
- Yarn weight guide
- Pom pom maker Clover 2 – 1/2 inch Large.
- Approx – Approximately
- Beg – Begin(ning)
- Cont – Continue(ing)
- K – Knit
- K2tog – Knit the next 2 stitches together
- P – Purl
- PM – Place marker
- P2tog – Purl the next 2 stitches together
- Rem – Remaining
- Rep – Repeat
- Rnd(s) – Round(s)
- St(s) – Stitch(es)
- Cast on 40 sts, join in the round, and pm, being careful not to twist the sts.
- 1st round: *K2, P2 – rep from * to the end of the round.
- Repeat the 1st round until the work measures 2.5′′ from the cast on edge.
- Next row: Purl to the end of the round.
- Continue to purl every round until the hat measures 8.5′′ or 9′′ from the cast-on edge.
- Decrease as follows >
- *P2tog, P2tog – rep from * to the end of the round.
- Break yarn.
- Thread the end through a darning needle and draw the end through rem sts, pull up tightly, and fasten securely.
- Sew in any loose ends.
- Make a pom pom and stitch it securely onto the top of the hat in a coordinating color.
More Free Hat Knitting Patterns
Share your work with us…
I love seeing your finished projects.
If you enjoyed making the hat, I’d love to see yours on Instagram, be sure to tag me @handylittleme.
I’d love to see your work.