In this post, you will see a crochet soap bag pattern.
This is part of a bathroom set of crochet patterns that are available for you to make, which includes a crochet shower puff, crochet basket, face scrubbies and washcloths.
Making all of the items in the crochet bathroom set collection will be perfect for gifting at Christmas or to make and sell at the upcoming Christmas craft fairs.
An Easy Level Crochet Pattern
The pattern is fairly straight forward and even if you are new to crochet, you will be able to make one.
This project requires you to be able to create a chain, work in single crochet and create trebles.
The Crochet Bathroom Set
This pattern is part of a set of 7 crochet bathroom patterns.
1. Bath Puff Crochet Pattern
2. Crochet Bathroom Basket Pattern
3. Crochet Wash Mitt Pattern
4. Crochet Washcloth Pattern
5. Crochet Face Scrubbie Pattern
6. Crochet Soap Bag Pattern
7. Crochet Soap Holder Pattern
Resources and tutorials you may find helpful in following this pattern:
This pattern is great for any advanced beginners.
- You should be comfortable making a slip knot and creating a chain.
- You should be comfortable working single crochet.
- You should be comfortable working double crochet.
- You should be comfortable working treble crochet.
- You should also be comfortable reading crochet patterns.
- And understanding crochet abbreviations and terms.
Crochet Soap Bag Pattern
- Please do not copy, sell, redistribute or republish this pattern.
- If you wish to share this pattern, link to the pattern page only.
- You may sell items produced using this pattern.
- Do NOT use the copyrighted photos for your product listing.
The pattern is written using US crochet terms and abbreviations.
Skill Level – Easy
- 3.5″ Length x 4.5″ wide
Soap (The size of the soap bar I used is 3′′ x 3′′)
Gauge – 17 stitches, 22 rows to 10cm/4″
The Supplies You Need…
- Darning needle
- Tape measure
- Soap bar to use as a guide for your soap sack.
- SS – slip stitch
- CH – chain
- SC – single crochet
- DC – double crochet
- TR – treble crochet
Yarn A – Nature
Yarn B – Sand
Squares (front and back piece) make 2 >
With Yarn A – ch 18 – sc into the 2nd st from hook, turn
- Row 1 – sc into every st, ch 2, turn
- Row 2 – sc into every st, ch 4, turn
- Row 3 – 1 tr into every st, ch 2, turn
Rep the 3 rows above to form the pattern – continue until the piece measures – 3.5′′
Cut yarn and secure.
Bottom Piece >
- ch 18, sc into the 2nd st, turn
- sc into every st, ch 2 turn
- Do this for every row until the piece measures – 1.5′′ Cut yarn and secure.
Side pieces – make 2 >
- ch 15, sc into the 2nd st, turn
- sc until piece measures 2′′
- Cut yarn and secure.
The ties – make 3 >
In yarn B – ch 30 and secure.
Long strap – In yarn B – ch 60 and secure.
Making Up >
- Stitch the main pieces of the soap sack together starting with the front piece to the bottom, then the back piece.
- Then stitch in the side sections.
- After that, stitch the two shorter sand ties to the top of the soap sack at each edge.
- Then stitch both ends of the longer strap to the back piece and feed the loop through the front.
- If you pull tight once your soap is inside, it will be easy to hang or to place over your wrist when in use.
I love seeing your finished projects!
If you enjoyed making the pattern, I’d love to see yours on Instagram, be sure to tag me @handylittleme.
If you are on Facebook, stop over to the handylittleme Facebook page and share a photo! I’d love to see your work!