Make a cotton crochet wash mitt with this really easy pattern.
With one side made using the popcorn stitch for scrubbing and the other from single crochet, this wash mitt is a bathroom essential!
This is part of a bathroom set of crochet patterns that are available for you to make, which includes a crochet shower puff, washcloths, face scrubbies and soap bags.
Making all of the items in the crochet bathroom set collection will be perfect for gifting at Christmas or to make and sell at the upcoming Christmas craft fairs.
The bathroom set could also be used as a special spa treat gift for anyone who needs a bit of pampering, paired with some organic homemade soaps and shower gels.
Crochet Wash Mitt Pattern
This crochet wash mitt is an excellent beginner crochet project, that will introduce you to creating a chain, single crochet.
It’s really simple to make, with a little bit of counting involved and some knowledge of basic crochet stitches.
If you need help with any of the instructions in the pattern, please visit my ‘learn how to crochet‘ page, which has video tutorials to help you.
You also have the option to download the entire crochet bathroom pattern collection, which includes all of the free patterns in easy to view and print out PDF’s.
Take a look at the set in the pattern shop below and get 7 crochet bathroom set patterns which include >
1. Crochet Shower Puff pattern
2. Crochet Bathroom Basket Pattern
3. Crochet Wash Mitt Pattern
4. Crochet Washcloth Pattern
5. Crochet Face Scrubbie Pattern
6. Crochet Soap Bag Pattern
7. Crochet Soap Holder Pattern
Thank you so much for your support!
- 1 x Rico Creative Cotton Aran in nude (01)
- 1 x Rico Creative Cotton Aran in silver grey (22)
- Crochet hook – 4mm (US G/6)
- Darning Needle
- Tape measure
- Row 1 – Ch 27, ch 1, in the second ch from hook – 1 sc – 1 sc into next st, 1 sc – rep to the end of the row.
- Row 2 – Ch 1, turn, 1 sc in 1st st, 5 dcs in next st, the loop on the hook – make it large, take out the hook and insert the hook into the 1st dc and through loop, ss through the two loops, ch 1, next st, 1 sc, in the next st – 5 dc’s – rep to the end of the row.
- Row 3 – Ch 1, turn, 1st st – 1 sc, top of popcorn stitch – 1 sc – rep sc to the end of the row.
- Rep rows 2 and 3 until your wash mitt measures 7″ (or however long you want it to be).
- I changed the colour from grey to nude at 5.5″, then continued in nude till the front piece measured 7″.
- If you need help to create the popcorn stitch, take a look at the video tutorial.
To continue for the back of the mitt >
- Row 1 – sc into every st, at the end of the row ch 2, turn
- Row 2 – sc into every st, at the end of the row ch 2, turn
- Rep the above rows until the back piece measures 7″
- Cut yarn and sew in any loose ends.
Please note – The measurements can be made longer or shorter depending on the length of your hand.
Wrist strap >
- In grey yarn ch 42
- Row 1 – sc every st, ch 2, turn
- Row 2 – sc every st
Cut yarn – 6″ and attach the strap to one corner of the mitt.
Making up >
- Stitch the side seams of the mitt together and weave in all loose ends.
- Stitch the wrist strap to a corner of the mitt and secure.
SS – slip stitch
CH – chain
SC – single crochet
DC – double crochet
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
If you enjoyed making the pattern, I’d love to see yours on Instagram, be sure to tag me @handylittleme.
If you are on Facebook, stop over to the handylittleme Facebook page and share a photo! I’d love to see your work!