In this post, you will see a crochet wash mitt pattern.
With one side made using the popcorn stitch for scrubbing and the other from single crochet, this wash mitt is a bathroom essential!
Making all of the items in the crochet bathroom set will be perfect for gifting at Christmas or making and selling at the upcoming Christmas craft fairs.
An Easy Level Crochet Pattern
The pattern is fairly straight forward and even if you are new to crochet, you will be able to make a set.
This project requires you to be able to create a chain, work in single crochet and work the popcorn stitch.
This is part of a bathroom set of crochet patterns that are available for you to make, which includes a crochet shower puff, washcloths, face scrubbies, and soap bags.
The Crochet Bathroom Set
This pattern is part of a set of 7 crochet bathroom patterns.
1. Bath Puff Crochet Pattern
2. Crochet Bathroom Basket Pattern
3. Crochet Wash Mitt Pattern
4. Crochet Washcloth Pattern
5. Crochet Face Scrubbie Pattern
6. Crochet Soap Bag Pattern
7. Crochet Soap Holder Pattern
Resources and tutorials you may find helpful in following this pattern:
This pattern is great for any advanced beginner.
- You should be comfortable making a slip knot and creating a chain.
- You should be comfortable working single crochet.
- You should be comfortable working double crochet.
- How to crochet the popcorn stitch.
- You should also be comfortable reading crochet patterns.
- And understanding crochet abbreviations and terms.
Crochet Wash Mitt Pattern
This wash mitt is created using basic crochet stitches and will make a great gift.
- Please do not copy, sell, redistribute or republish this pattern.
- If you wish to share this pattern, link to the pattern page only.
- You may sell items produced using this pattern.
- Do NOT use the copyrighted photos for your product listing.
Skill Level – Easy
Size – 7″ length x 6″ wide / strap – 5″
Gauge – 17 stitches, 22 rows to 10cm/4″
The pattern is written using US crochet terms and abbreviations.
- Sl st – slip stitch
- CH – chain
- SC – single crochet
- DC – double crochet
- With Yarn A – Row 1 – Ch 27, ch 1 in the second ch from hook, 1 sc, 1 sc into next st, 1 sc, turn, – rep to the end of the row, turn,
- Row 2 – Ch 1, 1 sc in 1st st, 5 dcs in next st, the loop on the hook – make it large, take out the hook and insert the hook into the 1st dc and through the loop, sl-st through the two loops, ch 1, next st, 1 sc, in the next st – 5 dc’s – rep to the end of the row, turn,
- Row 3 – Ch 1, 1st st – 1 sc, top of popcorn stitch – 1 sc – rep sc to the end of the row, turn,
- Rep rows 2 and 3 until your wash mitt measures 7″ (or however long you want it to be).
- I changed the color from Yarn A to Yarn B at 5.5″, then continued in Yarn B till the front piece measured 7″.
- If you need help creating the popcorn stitch, take a look at the video tutorial.
- You can also see a photo tutorial here – How to crochet the popcorn stitch.
To continue for the back of the mitt >
- Row 1 – ch 2, sc into every st, at the end of the row, turn,
- Rep row 1 until the back piece measures 7″
- Cut yarn and sew in any loose ends.
- Please note – The measurements can be made longer or shorter depending on the length of your hand.
Please note – The measurements can be made longer or shorter depending on the length of your hand.
Wrist strap > (optional hanging loop)
- In grey yarn ch 42, turn,
- Row 1 – sc in 2nd ch from hook and in every ch to the end of the row, turn,
- Row 2 – ch 2, sc in every st to the end of the row, finish with a sl-st in the last stitch.
- Cut yarn and secure – around 6″ tail left in length for seaming and attach the strap to one corner of the mitt.
Making up >
- Stitch the side seams of the mitt together and weave in all loose ends.
- Stitch the wrist strap to a corner of the mitt and secure.
Share your work with us…
I love seeing your finished projects!
If you enjoyed making the pattern, I’d love to see yours on Instagram, be sure to tag me @handylittleme.
I’d love to see your work!