In this post, you will see a crochet basket pattern.
This is part of a bathroom set of crochet patterns that are available for you to make, which includes a crochet shower puff, washcloths, face scrubbies, and soap bags.
Making all of the items in the crochet bathroom set will be perfect for gifting at Christmas or making and selling at the upcoming Christmas craft fairs.
The bathroom set could also be used as a special spa treat gift for anyone who needs a bit of pampering, paired with some organic homemade soaps and shower gels.
An Easy Level Crochet Pattern
The pattern is fairly straight forward and even if you are new to crochet, you will be able to make a set.
This project requires you to be able to create a chain, and work in basic crochet stitches – single crochet.
The Crochet Bathroom Set
This pattern is part of a set of 7 crochet bathroom patterns.
1. Bath Puff Crochet Pattern
2. Crochet Bathroom Basket Pattern
3. Crochet Wash Mitt Pattern
4. Crochet Washcloth Pattern
5. Crochet Face Scrubbie Pattern
6. Crochet Soap Bag Pattern
7. Crochet Soap Holder Pattern
Resources and tutorials you may find helpful in following this pattern:
This pattern is excellent for any advanced beginners.
Crochet Basket Pattern
Great for a small storage solution (with some sturdiness), you can make a basket to store bathroom items, small toys, and more.
You could make this using a larger hook size and super bulky weight yarn (like Lion Brand Wool-Ease Thick and Quick) to make a basket for blankets.
Skill Level – Easy
The diameter of the base – is 7″ / Height of the basket inc handle is 7.5″
Gauge – 10 sts in 12 rows / 4 inches.
- Please do not copy, sell, redistribute or republish this pattern.
- If you wish to share this pattern, link to the pattern page only.
- You may sell items produced using this pattern.
- Do NOT use copyrighted photos for your product listing.
The Supplies You Need…
- 1 x Lion Brand Fast Track – Grey
- A Mixtape or t-shirt yarn
Please note – The Lion Brand Fast Track Yarn I used is now discontinued.
You can find a substitute here – Yarn Sub.
- Crochet Hook – 10mm (US N/15)
- Darning needle
- Tape measure
- Stitch Markers
Please note – place a stitch marker at the end of the first round so you know where the rounds begin and end.
- Make a 4 ch and join with an ss in the first ch to form a ring.
- Round 1: (RS) – 1 ch; 8 sc in ring (8 sts) PM.
- Round 2: 2 sc in each sc. (16 sts)
- Round 3: *1 sc in next sc, 2 sc in next sc* rep from * to end. (24 sts)
- Round 4: 1 sc in each sc.
- Round 5: *1 sc in next sc, 2 sc in next sc* rep from * to end. (36 sts)
- Round 6 – 1 sc in each sc.
- Round 7 – 1 sc in each sc.
- Round 8 – sc into the back loop of every st.
- Rounds 9-18 – sc into every st.
*Please note – You can work more rounds if you want your basket to be taller.
Place markers – where you want the handles to start and finish so that you can count out your sts.
- Round 19 – sc 6, miss 6 sts, ch 10, sc into 12 sts, miss 6 sts, ch 10, sc into 6 sts.
- Round 20 – sc into every st, 10 sc over each ch section for the handles, sc to the marker.
- Round 21 – rep round 20.
- Sl-st and weave in any loose ends.