In this post, you will see a crochet basket pattern.
This is part of a bathroom set of crochet patterns that are available for you to make, which includes a crochet shower puff, washcloths, face scrubbies and soap bags.
Making all of the items in the crochet bathroom set will be perfect for gifting at Christmas or to make and sell at the upcoming Christmas craft fairs.
The bathroom set could also be used as a special spa treat gift for anyone who needs a bit of pampering, paired with some organic homemade soaps and shower gels.
An Easy Level Crochet Pattern
The pattern is fairly straight forward and even if you are new to crochet, you will be able to make a set.
This project requires you to be able to create a chain, work in single crochet and in the round.
The Crochet Bathroom Set
This pattern is part of a set of 7 crochet bathroom patterns.
1. Bath Puff Crochet Pattern
2. Crochet Bathroom Basket Pattern
3. Crochet Wash Mitt Pattern
4. Crochet Washcloth Pattern
5. Crochet Face Scrubbie Pattern
6. Crochet Soap Bag Pattern
7. Crochet Soap Holder Pattern
Resources and tutorials you may find helpful in following this pattern:
This pattern is great for any advanced beginners.
- You should be comfortable making a slip knot and creating a chain.
- You should be comfortable working single crochet.
- You should be comfortable working double crochet.
- You should also be comfortable reading crochet patterns.
- And understanding crochet abbreviations and terms.
Crochet Basket Pattern
- Please do not copy, sell, redistribute or republish this pattern.
- If you wish to share this pattern, link to the pattern page only.
- You may sell items produced using this pattern.
- Do NOT use the copyrighted photos for your product listing.
The pattern is written using US crochet terms and abbreviations.
Skill Level – Easy
- The diameter of base – 8″ / Height of basket inc handle 8.5″
Gauge – 10 sts in 12 rows / 4 inches.
The Supplies You Need…
- 1 x Lion Brand Fast Track – Grey
- A Mixtape yarn
Please note – The Lion Brand Fast Track Yarn I used is now discontinued.
You can find a substitute here – Yarn Sub.
- Crochet Hook – 10mm (US N/15)
- Darning needle
- Tape measure
- Stitch Markers
- SS – slip stitch
- CH – chain
- SC – single crochet
- DC – double crochet
Please note – place a stitch marker at the end of the first round so you know where the rounds begin and end.
- Round 1 – Make a magic loop and sc 5 sts into it.
- Round 2 – 2 sc into every st
- Round 3 – *sc into next st, 2 sc into next st* – rep from * to *
- Round 4 – *sc into next 2 sts, 2 sc into next st* – rep from * to *
- Round 5 – sc into every st
- Round 6 – *sc into next 3 sts, 2 sc into next st* – rep from * to *
- Round 7 – sc into every st
- Round 8 – *sc into next 4 sts, 2 sc into next st* – rep from * to *
- Round 9 – sc into every st
- Round 10 – *sc into next 5 sts, 2 sc into next st* – rep from * to *
- Round 11 – sc into the back loop of every st
- Rounds 12-21 – sc into every st
- Place markers – where you want the handles to start and finish so that you can count out your sts.
- Round 22 – sc 6, miss 6 sts, ch 10, sc into 12 sts, miss 6 sts, ch 10, sc into 6 sts
- Round 23 – sc into every st, 10 sc over each ch section for the handles, sc to the marker.
- SS and weave in any loose ends.
I love seeing your finished projects!
If you enjoyed making the pattern, I’d love to see yours on Instagram, be sure to tag me @handylittleme.
If you are on Facebook, stop over to the handylittleme Facebook page and share a photo! I’d love to see your work!