Make a small crochet basket with this really easy pattern.
This is part of a bathroom set of crochet patterns that are available for you to make, which includes a crochet shower puff, washcloths, face scrubbies and soap bags.
Making all of the items in the crochet bathroom set collection will be perfect for gifting at Christmas or to make and sell at the upcoming Christmas craft fairs.
The bathroom set could also be used as a special spa treat gift for anyone who needs a bit of pampering, paired with some organic homemade soaps and shower gels.
Easy Crochet Basket Pattern
This crochet basket is an excellent beginner crochet project, that will introduce you to creating a chain, single crochet.
It’s really simple to make, with a little bit of counting involved and some knowledge of basic crochet stitches.
If you need help with any of the instructions in the pattern, please visit my ‘learn how to crochet‘ page, which has video tutorials to help you.
You also have the option to download the entire crochet bathroom pattern collection, which includes all of the free patterns in easy to view and print out PDF’s.
Take a look at the set in the pattern shop below and get 7 crochet bathroom set patterns which include >
1. Crochet Shower Puff pattern
2. Crochet Bathroom Basket Pattern
3. Crochet Wash Mitt Pattern
4. Crochet Washcloth Pattern
5. Crochet Face Scrubbie Pattern
6. Crochet Soap Bag Pattern
7. Crochet Soap Holder Pattern
Thank you so much for your support!
- 1 x Lion Brand Fast Track – Grey
- Crochet Hook – 10mm (US N/15)
- Darning needle
- Tape measure
- Stitch Markers
Please note – place a stitch marker at the end of the first round so you know where the rounds begin and end.
- Round 1 – Make a magic loop and sc 5 sts into it.
- Round 2 – 2 sc into every st
- Round 3 – *sc into next st, 2 sc into next st* – rep from * to *
- Round 4 – *sc into next 2 sts, 2 sc into next st* – rep from * to *
- Round 5 – sc into every st
- Round 6 – *sc into next 3 sts, 2 sc into next st* – rep from * to *
- Round 7 – sc into every st
- Round 8 – *sc into next 4 sts, 2 sc into next st* – rep from * to *
- Round 9 – sc into every st
- Round 10 – *sc into next 5 sts, 2 sc into next st* – rep from * to *
- Round 11 – sc into the back loop of every st
- Rounds 12-21 – sc into every st
- Place markers – where you want the handles to start and finish, so that you can count out your sts.
- Round 22 – sc 6, miss 6 sts, ch 10, sc into 12 sts, miss 6 sts, ch 10, sc into 6 sts
- Round 23 – sc into every st, 10 sc over each ch section for the handles, sc to the marker.
- SS and weave in any loose ends.
SS – slip stitch
CH – chain
SC – single crochet
DC – double crochet
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
If you enjoyed making the pattern, I’d love to see yours on Instagram, be sure to tag me @handylittleme.
If you are on Facebook, stop over to the handylittleme Facebook page and share a photo! I’d love to see your work!