Make a cotton crochet soap holder with this really easy pattern.
This is part of a bathroom set of crochet patterns that are available for you to make, which includes a crochet shower puff, crochet basket, face scrubbies and washcloths.
Making all of the items in the crochet bathroom set collection will be perfect for gifting at Christmas or to make and sell at the upcoming Christmas craft fairs.
Crochet Soap Bag
The bathroom set could also be used as a special spa treat gift for anyone who needs a bit of pampering, paired with some organic homemade soaps and shower gels.
It’s really simple to make, with a little bit of counting involved and some knowledge of basic crochet stitches.
If you need help with any of the instructions in the pattern, please visit my ‘learn how to crochet‘ page, which has video tutorials to help you.
You also have the option to download the entire crochet bathroom pattern collection, which includes all of the free patterns in easy to view and print out PDF’s.
Take a look at the set in the pattern shop below and get 7 crochet bathroom set patterns which include >
1. Crochet Shower Puff pattern
2. Crochet Bathroom Basket Pattern
3. Crochet Wash Mitt Pattern
4. Crochet Washcloth Pattern
5. Crochet Face Scrubbie Pattern
6. Crochet Soap Bag Pattern
7. Crochet Soap Holder Pattern
Thank you so much for your support!
- 1 x Ball of Rico Creative Cotton Aran in pearl grey (52) – Yarn A
- 1 x scrap of Rico Creative Cotton Aran in silver grey (22) – Yarn B
- Crochet hook – 4mm (US G/6)
- Darning needle
- Tape measure
- Soap (The size of the soap bar I used is 3″ x 1.5″
- With yarn A – ch 14, turn
- Row 1 – sc into 2nd st from end, sc into every st in the row, ch 2, turn
- Rep until the piece measures 9.5″
- sc 1 row
- Cut yarn and secure.
- For the chain tie >
- With Yarn B – ch 72, cut yarn and secure.
- Making up >
- Stitch the sides together.
- Feed the chain tie through the stitches around the top edge of the soap bag and once the soap is inside, pull closed and tie.
SS – slip stitch
CH – chain
SC – single crochet
DC – double crochet
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
If you enjoyed making the pattern, I’d love to see yours on Instagram, be sure to tag me @handylittleme.
If you are on Facebook, stop over to the handylittleme Facebook page and share a photo! I’d love to see your work!