In this blog post, you will see a crochet face scrubbies pattern.
Make a stack of durable crochet circles you can use as face scrubbies with this beginner-friendly quick project.
Scroll down to view the free pattern or you can purchase a printer-friendly ad-free PDF here.
An Easy Level Crochet Pattern
The pattern is fairly straight forward and even if you are new to crocheting, you will be able to make a set.
This project requires you to be able to create a chain and work in double crochet in the round.
Making all of the items in the crochet bathroom set collection will be perfect for gifting at Christmas or making and selling at the upcoming Christmas craft fairs.
The Crochet Bathroom Set
This is part of a bathroom set of crochet patterns that are available for you to make, which includes a crochet shower puff, crochet basket, washcloths, and soap bags.
1. Bath Puff Crochet Pattern
2. Crochet Bathroom Basket Pattern
3. Crochet Wash Mitt Pattern
4. Crochet Washcloth Pattern
5. Crochet Face Scrubbie Pattern
6. Crochet Soap Bag Pattern
7. Crochet Soap Holder Pattern
Resources and tutorials you may find helpful in following this pattern
This free crochet pattern is great for any advanced beginners.
Crochet Face Scrubbies Pattern
Worked in the round, these simple circles can be made smaller or larger by simply working fewer or more rounds.
Use up your cotton scraps in your yarn stash (worsted weight cotton yarn, lily sugar and cream, etc) and make lots in different colors.
Add a hand strap for ease of use to the back.
You don’t need a lot of yarn to make one circle and before you know it, you will have a makeup remover pad.
- Please do not copy, sell, redistribute or republish this pattern.
- If you wish to share this pattern, link to the pattern page only.
- You may sell items produced using this pattern.
- Do NOT use the copyrighted photos for your product listing.
Skill Level – Easy
Size – Diameter – 3″ / 8cm
Gauge – 17 stitches, 22 rows to 10cm/4″
The Supplies You Need…
- 1 x Rico Creative Cotton Aran in nude (01)
- 1 x Rico Creative Cotton Aran in silver grey (22)
- 1 x Rico Creative Cotton Aran in pearl grey (52)
- 1 x Rico Creative Cotton Aran in sand (59)
- 1 x Rico Creative Cotton Aran in nature (60)
I made one scrubbie with less than 20g of yarn in each of the colors listed above.
You can use any yarn that is suitable for a 4mm (US G/6) hook (DK/light worsted/8 ply yarn).
Alternatively, if you wanted to make them a little bigger, you can use aran/worsted/10ply yarn and a 5mm (H/8) hook.
The Rico Creative Cotton Aran that I used can be used with a 4mm (US G/6) hook or a 5mm (H/8) hook.
- With your yarn – ch 4 and sl-st to join in a ring
- Round 1 – dc 12 times into the ring.
- Round 2 – dc twice into every st.
- Round 3 – *dc twice into 1st st, dc into next st* rep from * to *.
- Round 4 – *dc twice into 1st st, dc, dc* rep from * to *.
- Round 5 – *dc twice into 1st st, dc, dc, dc* rep from * to *.
- Cut yarn and sew in any loose ends.
*Please note you can stop at round 4 or add round 5 for a slightly larger circle.
For the hand strap >
- With your yarn – ch 18.
- sc into the 2nd ch from the hook, then sc into every ch to the end of the row.
- Cut yarn and secure, leaving a length of 6″- 8″ and stitch both ends of the strap to the back of the face scrubbie.
You can now make more and create a set of pads.
Share your work with us…
I love seeing your finished projects!
If you enjoyed making the scrubby pattern, I’d love to see yours on social media, share it on Instagram, and be sure to tag me @handylittleme.
I’d love to see your work!