In this post, you will see a crochet washcloth pattern that is totally beginner-friendly!
This is part of a bathroom set of crochet patterns that are available for you to make, which includes a crochet shower puff, crochet basket, face scrubbies, and soap bags.
Making all of the items in the crochet bathroom set collection will be perfect for gifting at Christmas or making and selling at the upcoming Christmas craft fairs.
The bathroom set could also be used as a special spa treat gift for anyone who needs a bit of pampering, paired with some organic homemade soaps and shower gels.
Scroll down to view the free pattern or you can purchase a printer-friendly ad-free PDF here.
A Basic Level Crochet Pattern
This is my favorite free crochet washcloth pattern.
The pattern is fairly straight forward and even if you are new to crochet, you will be able to make one.
This project requires you to be able to work basic crochet stitches; create a chain and work in single crochet stitch.
The Crochet Bathroom Set
This pattern is part of a set of 7 free crochet patterns.
You can make the set as a beautiful gift for a friend.
1. Bath Puff Crochet Pattern
2. Crochet Bathroom Basket Pattern
3. Crochet Wash Mitt Pattern
4. Crochet Washcloth Pattern
5. Crochet Face Scrubbie Pattern
6. Crochet Soap Bag Pattern
7. Crochet Soap Holder Pattern
Resources and tutorials you may find helpful in following this pattern:
This pattern is great for any beginners.
Crochet Washcloth Pattern
These crochet washcloths have a great texture for cleaning your face and body as well as washing dishes!
Make a few in different colors and gift them to your friend with a bar of handmade soap.
You may also like this beginner-friendly crochet dishcloth pattern set.
- Please do not copy, sell, redistribute or republish this pattern.
- If you wish to share this pattern, link to the pattern page only.
- You may sell items produced using this pattern.
- Do NOT use the copyrighted photos for your product listing.
Skill Level – Basic
Size – 8.5″ Length x 8.5″ wide
Gauge – 17 stitches, 22 rows to 10cm/4″
The Supplies You Need…
Cotton yarn is best for this pattern.
- 1 x Rico Creative Cotton Aran in nude (01)
- 1 x Rico Creative Cotton Aran in silver grey (22)
- 1 x Rico Creative Cotton Aran in pearl grey (52)
I made one washcloth in each of the colors listed.
The pattern is written using US crochet terms and abbreviations.
- S-st – slip stitch
- CH – chain
- DC – double crochet
- SC – single crochet (video tutorial)
Please note – Crochet a turning chain before you begin your next row.
The number of turning chains needed:
- SC – 1
- DC – 3
- With the yarn of your choice – Ch 41, turn,
- Row 1 – dc into the 3rd ch from hook and into all other chains, turn
- Row 2 – ch 1, sc into every st to the end of the row, turn,
- Row 3 – ch 3, dc into every st to the end of the row, turn,
- Rep rows 2 and 3 until the washcloth measures 8.5″x 8.5″.
- Finish with a sl-st into the final st, then secure.
- Weave in all loose ends.