In this post, you will see a crochet washcloth pattern that is totally beginner-friendly!
This is part of a bathroom set of crochet patterns that are available for you to make, which includes a crochet shower puff, crochet basket, face scrubbies and soap bags.
Making all of the items in the crochet bathroom set collection will be perfect for gifting at Christmas or to make and sell at the upcoming Christmas craft fairs.
The bathroom set could also be used as a special spa treat gift for anyone who needs a bit of pampering, paired with some organic homemade soaps and shower gels.
Scroll down for the free pattern or you can purchase a printer-friendly ad-free PDF here.
A Basic Level Crochet Pattern
The pattern is fairly straight forward and even if you are new to crochet, you will be able to make one.
This project requires you to be able to create a chain and work in single crochet.
The Crochet Bathroom Set
This pattern is part of a set of 7 crochet bathroom patterns.
1. Bath Puff Crochet Pattern
2. Crochet Bathroom Basket Pattern
3. Crochet Wash Mitt Pattern
4. Crochet Washcloth Pattern
5. Crochet Face Scrubbie Pattern
6. Crochet Soap Bag Pattern
7. Crochet Soap Holder Pattern
Resources and tutorials you may find helpful in following this pattern:
This pattern is great for any beginners.
- You should be comfortable making a slip knot and creating a chain.
- You should be comfortable working single crochet.
- You should be comfortable working double crochet.
- You should also be comfortable reading crochet patterns.
- And understanding crochet abbreviations and terms.
Crochet Washcloth Pattern
- Please do not copy, sell, redistribute or republish this pattern.
- If you wish to share this pattern, link to the pattern page only.
- You may sell items produced using this pattern.
- Do NOT use the copyrighted photos for your product listing.
The pattern is written using US crochet terms and abbreviations.
Skill Level – Basic
Size – 8.5″ Length x 8.5″ wide
Gauge – 17 stitches, 22 rows to 10cm/4″
The Supplies You Need…
- 1 x Rico Creative Cotton Aran in nude (01)
- 1 x Rico Creative Cotton Aran in silver grey (22)
- 1 x Rico Creative Cotton Aran in pearl grey (52)
I made one washcloth in each of the colours listed.
- 4 mm (US G/6) crochet hook
- Darning needle
- Tape measure
- SS – slip stitch
- CH – chain
- DC – double crochet
- SC – single crochet
Please note – Crochet a turning chain before you begin your next row.
The number of turning chains needed:
- SC – 1
- DC – 3
With the yarn of your choice – Ch 41
- Row 1 – dc in the 3rd ch from hook and into all other chains, ch 3, turn
- Row 2 – sc into every st to the end of the row, ch 1, turn,
Rep the last 2 rows until the washcloth measures 8.5′′x 8.5′′.
Secure and weave in all loose ends.
I love seeing your finished projects!
If you enjoyed making the pattern, I’d love to see yours on Instagram, be sure to tag me @handylittleme.
If you are on Facebook, stop over to the handylittleme Facebook page and share a photo! I’d love to see your work!