In this post, you will see a really easy baby girl slippers knitting pattern.
Made in one piece and then seamed, the slippers are a basic beginner-level project.
This is an easy free knitting pattern and will make a great gift for friends or family.
A Basic Level Knitting Pattern
This is an easy pattern for those of you who are basic beginner level, and the techniques you will need to know are casting on, casting off, knit, and purl stitches.
The slippers are made in one piece and then seamed to create the shape.
Two knitted bows are created and then stitched to the toes of the slippers.
*Please scroll down to see the free pattern*
Resources and tutorials you may find helpful in following this pattern:
This pattern is great for any beginner knitters.
More Baby Knitting Patterns
You may also be interested in these baby knits:
Baby Girl Slippers Knitting Pattern
- The baby slippers pattern is easy to follow, making the slippers flat on straight needles and decreasing in shape.
- The little bows are made separately and then assembled and stitched onto the front of each shoe.
- You could add anything here, a flower or stitched decoration.
- This knitting pattern for the girl baby slippers is great for beginners, there is little shaping and best of all they take about an hour to make.
Size – Please note – these slippers are meant for a newborn, the footbed measures = 3″
Gauge – 18 sts and 24 rows in 4×4 inches / 10 x 10cm
The Supplies You Need
- 1 x Sublime Baby Cashmerino – in Pink (Piglet) and scraps of light brown (Pebble)
- Any lightweight yarn 03 / DK yarn
- 4mm (US 6) knitting needles
- Darning needle
- Tape measure
Abbreviations / Knitting Abbreviations List
- Approx = Approximately
- Beg = Begin(ning)
- Cont = Continue(ing)
- K = Knit
- K2tog = Knit next 2 stitches together
- P – Purl
- M1 = Make 1 stitch
- Rem = Remaining
- Rep = Repeat
- Rnd(s) = Round(s)
- St(s) = Stitch(es)
- Cast on 40 stitches in Yarn A (pink).
- Knit every row for 12 rows.
- Cast off 15 sts knit till the end of row / next row cast of 15 sts.
- Knit 10 stitches for 20 rows / cast off.
- When your slipper looks like a ‘T’ shape, start to stitch it together.
- Fold one side over and stitch along the toe and side seam.
- I used the mattress stitch to get a neat finish.
- Fold the other side over and stitch into place.
To make the bow
- With 4mm (US 6) needles, and DK/cotton yarn in a coordinating color,
- Cast on 15 stitches.
- Knit 8 rows in garter stitch
- Cast off.
- Wrap yarn around the middle section of the bow and tie.
The middle bit
- With 4mm (US 6) needles and DK/cotton yarn
- Cast on 5
- Knit 15 rows
- Cast off.
- Place over the middle section of the bow and stitch to hold.
- Stitch the completed bows onto the toes of the baby slippers.
Share your work with us…
I love seeing your finished projects!
If you enjoyed making the slippers, I’d love to see yours on Instagram, be sure to tag me @handylittleme.
Happy Knitting! xoxo