This crochet Christmas goodie bags pattern is a great quickie that you can make in a flash!
The small goodie bags are made from scrap yarns that are an aran/worsted/10 ply yarn weight.
You can use any yarns and improvise with whatever you have in your yarn stash!
Perfect for giving small gifts, the festive drawstring bag can fit one or two chocolates inside.
Resources and tutorials you may find helpful in following this pattern:
This pattern is great for any beginners.
- You should be comfortable making a slip knot and creating a chain.
- You should be comfortable working single crochet.
- You should also be comfortable reading crochet patterns.
- And understanding crochet abbreviations and terms.
Crochet Christmas Goodie Bags Pattern
Skill Level – Easy
- Please do not copy, sell, redistribute or republish this pattern.
- If you wish to share this pattern, link to the pattern page only.
- You may sell items produced using this pattern.
- Do NOT use the copyrighted photos for your product listing.
The drawstring bag measures:
Base diameter = 2.5 inches
Height – 3 inches
The Supplies You Need
Yarn A – White yarn – around 30g – aran/worsted/10 ply yarn (I used leftovers of The Petite Wool from We Are Knitters)
Yarn B – Red yarn – scraps around 10g for the crochet letter(s)
Crochet Hook – Size 5mm (US H/8)
- Stitch markers
- Tape measure
- Darning needle
- Thread, cord or yarn for the drawstring
- 12 stitches, 14 rounds to 10cm/4″
- CH – Chain
- PM – Place marker
- SC – Single crochet
- SS – Slip stitch
- RS – Right side
For The Base
Do not turn at the end of the round, but continue working in a spiral, with the right side (RS) always facing.
Keep count of the sts by placing a marker (PM) on the last st of each round.
There are no turning chains in this pattern.
The Base Of The Bag – Work in Yarn A
- Make a 4 ch and join with an ss in the first ch to form a ring.
- Round 1: (RS) – 1 ch; 8 sc in ring (8 sts) PM. (see notes)
- Round 2: 2 sc in each sc. (16 sts)
- Round 3: *1 sc in next sc, 2 sc in next sc* rep from * to end. (24 sts)
- Round 4: 1 sc in each sc.
- Round 5 – sc all the sts into the back loop only.
The Body Of The Bag – In Yarn A
*Please note – keep the marker to denote which is the beginning/end of the round.
- Continue to work in a spiral – sc all of the sts in every round (in both loops) – until the bag measures = 3 inches.
- You can make the bag as tall as you want.
- Finish the last st with an ss and cut the yarn.
- Secure and weave in the ends.
- Weave in all other loose ends.
The Bag Handle – In Yarn A
- At one side of the bag, ch 20 sts in the same yarn and attach with an ss into the opposite side of the bag.
- Cut yarn, secure and weave in any loose ends.
The Crochet Letters – In Yarn B
To make the crochet letters, I used a pattern from Handy Kitty who has a free download available on Ravelry which you can find here.
If you enjoyed making the pattern, I’d love to see yours on Instagram, be sure to tag me @handylittleme.
If you are on Facebook, stop over to the handylittleme Facebook group and share a photo! I’d love to see your work!