Make festive decorations with this simple Pom Pom Tree Christmas craft!
Made with a few simple supplies, this is a great yarn stash-busting craft.
All you need to start are some polystyrene cones for the trees, a small pom pom maker, a hot glue gun, and some glittery stars for decoration.
DIY Christmas Tree
The holidays are such a magical time for everyone, so why not do a little bit of DIY crafting during your downtime.
Put some Christmas carols on and get the kids involved making all of those pom-poms for the trees (you need a lot!).
The pom-pom Christmas trees are easy to make, but the kids will need to be supervised as you need to use a hot glue gun to add the poms to the tree cones.
*Don’t forget to pin and share!*
Make Your Own Pom Pom Christmas Tree
I created the Christmas trees by making mini pom poms with a 1 inch (25mm) clover pom pom maker and used up some yarns that were hanging around in my green yarn box.
I bought the polystyrene cones from a local craft shop for around 5 euros, as an alternative to this you could make a cone from card and staple it/glue it into a cone shape.
The gold stars I used to add some bling were bought at a store in a box for around 1 euro and I only used a few of them (glitter everywhere!).
Use Up Your Yarn Stash!
You can easily create the pom poms for the tree in any color scheme that you want!
Explore the traditional greens or go for other color options to suit your own personal style.
You could also use mini poms in various colors to decorate the tree instead of using glittery stars.
This is a great way to use up your yarn stash and those leftovers you don’t know what to do with!
You Need a Whole Lot Of Pom Poms
You can get your little ones involved in making those pom-poms and if you don’t have a Clover pom-pom maker, you can make them another way – there are many tutorials on youtube.
They could also make little Christmas tree decorations to put onto the tree, from cutting out mini paper ornaments or using leftovers from other crafts.
The trees can then be displayed anywhere in your home and you can add little battery-operated lights.
More Free Christmas Crafts And Patterns
For more free Christmas crafts and patterns, please take a look at these posts;
- Crochet Christmas Ornaments
- Christmas Crochet Patterns
- Crochet Christmas Stockings
- Christmas crafts for kids
- Advent Calendar DIY
- Baby Christmas tree hat knitting pattern
- Santa sack hat free pattern
- Christmas stocking knitting pattern
- Yarn - any lightweight 03 yarns/DK yarn.
- Glittery stars.
- 1-inch pom pom maker.
- Hot glue gun.
- Glue sticks.
- Polystyrene cones in various sizes.
- Get all of your supplies together and shop your own yarn stash to see what leftovers you can use up.
- Make many mini pom-poms using the 1-inch pom maker in various shades of green yarn (or whatever colors you want to use).
- Trim the poms so they are in good shape.
- Using the hot glue gun, glue the poms onto the polystyrene cones in the order you want them.
- Once the entire cone is covered leave to set for 5/10 minutes.
- Check over for any gaps and add in extra pom poms if needed.
- Snip any loose ends and neaten up the poms.
- Glue a glittery star to the top of the cone and then add randomly around the cone for decoration.
- Repeat the steps for the smaller cone and if you are making more.
Be careful with the hot glue gun - especially if the kids are helping.
I always end up burning my finger!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Hot Glue Gun, WEIO Upgrated 25W Mini Hot Melt Glue Gun Rapid Heating Tech with 25pcs Glue Sticks Glue Gun Kit Flexible Trigger for DIY Arts, Craft Projects, Sealing and Quick Repair, Free Finger Caps
10 65mm Polystyrene Cones to Decorate | Styrofoam Shapes for Crafts
ANJAYLIA LED Fairy String Lights, 10Ft/3M 30leds Firefly String Lights Garden Home Party Wedding Festival Decorations Crafting Battery Operated Lights(Warm White)
Clover Super pom-pom maker mini diameter of about 20 ? 25mm 58-792