This table runner knitting pattern is great for those of you out there who love a simple cable knit and quick project.
You can make a knitted table runner for the holidays in super bulky yarn for a coffee table decoration or dining table.
Please scroll down to view the free knitting pattern or grab the ad-free printable PDF from my shop here.
Knit A Decorative Table Runner
Perfect for adding something extra to your decor during the festive season, this table runner will definitely catch the eye.
The table runner pattern is for advanced knitters who want to try out a simple 4-stitch cable.
You can make this in any super bulky yarn 06/super chunky/14-Ply yarn weight.
What kind of yarn do you use for a table runner?
Your table runner could probably see a lot of wear and tear if it is used every day, so you may want to use a yarn that is durable and long-lasting when you wash and dry it, such as a cotton or cotton blend yarn.
However, you can use any type of yarn you like to make your table runner.
Resources and tutorials you may find helpful in following this pattern:
This free pattern is great for any beginner knitters who are looking for an easy project…
Knit Table Runner Pattern
Skill Level – Easy Knitting Pattern (Advanced beginner pattern)
This table runner pattern is a decoration for special occasions with a squishy cable you can use for the festive season or make longer to wear as a scarf.
Change up the look of your table during the holiday season with this super chunky table runner, which is created with garter stitch edges (the knit stitch) and cables.
Related Post: 30+ Free Christmas Knitting Patterns
- Please do not copy, sell, redistribute or republish this pattern.
- If you wish to share this pattern, link to the pattern page only.
- You may sell items produced using this pattern.
- Do NOT use copyrighted photos for your product listing.
- Length – 48 inches/122 cm.
- Width – 13 inches/33 cm.
You can adjust the size to your desired length – to make it shorter or longer depending on the table you are making it for.
If you wish to make a scarf to wear, this should measure 70 inches/178 cm long.
Gauge – 8 sts and 16 rows = 4in/10cm in garter stitch.
The Supplies You Need
- Super Bulky Yarn 06/Super Chunky/14-Ply.
- 3 x Lion Brand Wool-Ease Thick and Quick in the color Fisherman.
- One ball is 170g/106 yds/97m.
Abbreviations / Knitting Abbreviations List
- Beg – Begin(ning)
- Cont – Continue(ing)
- C4B – (K2 and 2), slip the next 2 sts onto a cable needle and hold at the back of the work, K2 from the left-hand needle, then K2 from the cable needle.
- K – Knit
- P – Purl
- PM – Place marker
- Rem – Remaining
- Rep – Repeat
- RS – Right side
- St(s) – Stitch(es)
- SM – Slip marker
- WS – Wrong side
Cast on 32 sts.
Knit 6 rows.
Now work in the following 8-row repeat stitch pattern…
- Row 1 (RS): K8, PM, K3, P3, K4, P3, K3, PM, K8.
- Row 2 (WS): K8, SM, P3, K3, P4, K3, P3, SM, K8.
- Row 3: K8, SM, K3, P3, K4, P3, K3, SM, K8.
- Row 4: K8, SM, P3, K3, P4, K3, P3, SM, K8.
- Row 5: K8, SM, K3, P3, C4B, P3, K3, SM, K8.
- Row 6: K8, SM, P3, K3, P4, K3, P3, SM, K8.
- Row 7: K8, SM, K3, P3, K4, P3, K3, SM, K8.
- Row 8: K8, SM, P3, K3, P4, K3, P3, SM, K8.
Rep rows 1-8 slip the markers as you work until the piece measures 48 inches/122 cm in total from the cast-on edge.
Knit 6 rows.
Weave in loose ends.
More Free Knit Patterns
For more free patterns and great projects, take a look at these…
Share your work with us…
I love seeing your finished projects.
If you enjoyed making the beautiful knit table runner, I’d love to see yours on Instagram, be sure to tag me @handylittleme or #handylittleme.
You can also share your work in our Facebook group here.
I’d love to see your work.