In this post, you will see a crochet clutch pattern.
This bag is just what you need for a trip to the beach bar!
This bag will go with any of your summer outfits and will compliment your beach cover-ups and swimwear.
An Easy Level Crochet Pattern
This pattern is for anyone who is an advanced beginner.
This pattern uses basic techniques, including; how to chain and single crochet.
I made the bag using Lion Brand Fast Track yarn in the colour ‘Chopper grey’ (149) and some leftovers I had from a coral t-shirt yarn from Hooked Zpagetti.
Both yarns are so great to crochet with, even though the t-shirt yarn has quite a bit of stretch compared to the grey fast track yarn.
I used my size 10mm (US N/15) crochet hook, which made the bag really fast to make.
More Crochet Bag Patterns
There are many other free crochet bags on my blog that you can view by clicking on the links below:
- Large Beach Bag Crochet Pattern
- Drawstring Bag Crochet Pattern
- Crochet Circle Bag Pattern
- Crochet Beach Bag Pattern
- Crochet Boho Bag Pattern
Resources and tutorials you may find helpful in following this pattern:
This pattern is great for any advanced beginners.
- You should be comfortable making a slip knot and creating a chain.
- You should be comfortable working single crochet.
- You should also be comfortable reading crochet patterns.
- And understanding crochet abbreviations and terms.
- How to make tassels.
Crochet Clutch Pattern
- Please do not copy, sell, redistribute or republish this pattern.
- If you wish to share this pattern, link to the pattern page only.
- You may sell items produced using this pattern.
- Do NOT use the copyrighted photos for your product listing.
The pattern is written using US crochet terms and abbreviations.
Skill Level – Easy
Gauge – 10 sts in 12 rows in 4 inches.
The dimensions of the finished bag are >
- Width = 10.5″ / 27cm
- Height = 6.5″ / 16.5cm
- Long Strap = 37″ / 94cm
- Wrist Strap = 9″ / 23cm
The Supplies You Need
- 1 x Lion Brand Fast Track yarn in the colour ‘Chopper grey’ (149)
- Yarn substitute – Mixtape Yarn by Wool and the Gang.
- 1 x (I used leftovers) coral (06) t-shirt yarn from Hooked Zpagetti
- 1 x 10mm (US N15) crochet hook
- Darning needle
- Tape measure
- Stitch Markers
- Silver bag clips (1.5 inches) and rings x 2 (1 inch) for long bag strap
- Silver ring x 1 for the wrist strap (1 inch)
- Silver ring x 1 for tassel decoration (1 inch)
- Ch – Chain
- SC – Single crochet
- Rep – Repeat
Bag body >
Yarn A – Coral
Yarn B – Grey
- Make a slip knot with Yarn A and chain 21
- Row 1 – SC into every ch, ch1, turn
- Rep row 1 until the piece measures = 5′′
- Change to Yarn B and continue to rep row 1 until the whole piece measures 18.5″ from the first chain edge.
- Cut a length of yarn and pull through the last loop to secure.
Making up >
Stitch the grey side seams together leaving the coral bag flap to reach over the main body of the bag.
Bag Straps >
Front bag strap >
- This plaited strap in Yarn B is to keep the front bag flap closed. To make this – cut 6 lengths of grey yarn 23″ long.
- Knot one end and braid, then knot the other end, then feed one knotted end through a crochet stitch hole in the back of the bag on one side and again on the other side, where you want the flap to be held down.
Crossbody strap >
- With Yarn B – CH 76, then SC into every stitch.
- Cut yarn and secure the last loop.
- Stitch the ends of the bag strap into the silver rings that are attached to the silver bag clips.
- Then you can easily attach/detach these to the sides of your bag.
Wrist Strap >
- With Yarn A – CH 36, then SC into every stitch.
- Cut yarn and secure the last loop.
- Place a silver ring onto the strap, then stitch or crochet the ends together.
- Then you can swap the wrist strap for the body strap easily.
Making The Tassel
- To make the tassel decoration, cut 8 lengths of Yarn A 16″ long.
- Feed through the ring and pull it through, so the yarn is hanging loosely over the ring, then with an extra piece of yarn that measures 16″ long, wrap it around the top section of the tassel and secure in place.
- Cut the bottom of the tassel to make the yarn strands the same length when hanging.
I love seeing your finished projects!
If you enjoyed making the pattern, I’d love to see yours on Instagram, be sure to tag me @handylittleme.
If you are on Facebook, stop over to the handylittleme Facebook page and share a photo! I’d love to see your work!