In this post, you will see a fringe crossbody bag pattern.
This crochet fringe bag is easy for advanced beginners and just what you need for your summer vacation.
The bag will go with any of your summer outfits and will compliment your laid-back boho style.
Please scroll down to view the free pattern or purchase a printer-friendly ad-free PDF pattern in my shop here.
An Easy Level Crochet Pattern
This pattern is for anyone who is an advanced beginner.
It uses basic techniques, including; how to chain and single crochet.
I made the bag using Patons 100% cotton 4-ply yarn in the color ‘limestone’ (1716) I bought 2 balls = 200g which was enough to make 2 bags and have a teeny ball left over.
I separated the yarn into 4 balls and worked with 4 strands of the yarn together so that I could use my size 10mm (US 15) crochet hook, which made the bag really fast to make.
Resources and tutorials you may find helpful in following this pattern:
This pattern is great for any advanced beginners.
Fringe Crossbody Bag Pattern
- Please do not copy, sell, redistribute, or republish this pattern.
- If you wish to share this pattern, link to the pattern page only.
- You may sell items produced using this pattern.
- Do NOT use copyrighted photos for your product listing.
The dimensions of the finished bag are >
Width = 7′′ / 18cm
Height = 9′′ / 23cm
Gauge = 10 sts in 12 rows / 4 inches
The Supplies You Need
- 1 x Patons 100% cotton 4 ply yarn in the color ‘limestone’ (1716)
- *Please note I bought 2 x balls = 200g so that I could make 2 bags*
- 1 x 10mm (US 15) crochet hook
- 1 x 5mm (US 8) crochet hook
- Darning needle
- Tape measure
- Stitch Markers
- Left-over trims of lace
- Sewing thread
- Sewing needle
- Rings x 2 – 1 inch in size
- Bag clips x 2 – 1.5 inches in size
The pattern is written using US crochet terms and abbreviations.
- Ch – Chain
- SC – Single crochet
Bag body >
- Using 4 strands of yarn together (I bought 2 x balls = 200g and made 4 balls from those) – and the 10mm/(US 15) crochet hook
- Make a slip knot and ch 19
- Row 1 – sc into every ch, ch1, turn
- Rep row 1 until the piece measures = 19′′
- Cut a length of yarn and pull through the last loop to secure.
- Using 4 strands of yarn together and the 10mm/(US 15) crochet hook ch 90.
- SC into every stitch for 1 row.
- Cut yarn and thread through the loop to secure.
Making up >
- Cut the trims to fit across the width of the front of the bag and stitch them into place with really small stitches so you can’t see them.
- Then stitch the beads into place if you want to add those.
- Next, cut 4 strands of yarn together that measure = 24′′.
- Pull through and secure into place along the edge of the trimmings on the front flap with the 5mm/US8 crochet hook.
- Cut and trim the edges, so they are all the same length.
- Following that, stitch the side seams together – catching the ‘V’ shapes to the seam.
- Feed the bag strap edges through the silver rings and stitch into place – measuring 1.5′′ and then attach to the bag clips.
- Clip into place on either side of the bag.
Share your work with us…
I love seeing your finished projects.
If you enjoyed making the pattern, I’d love to see yours on Instagram, be sure to tag me @handylittleme.
I’d love to see your work!