In this post, I want to share with you a fringe crossbody bag pattern.
This crochet fringe bag is easy for beginners and just what you need for your summer vacation.
The bag will go with any of your summer outfits and will compliment your laid back boho style.
An Easy Level Crochet Pattern
This pattern is for anyone who is an advanced beginner.
This pattern uses basic techniques, including; how to chain and single crochet.
I made the bag using Patons 100% cotton 4 ply yarn in the colour ‘limestone’ (1716) I bought 2 balls = 200g which was enough to make 2 bags and have a teeny ball left over.
I separated the yarn into 4 balls and worked with 4 strands of the yarn together so that I could use my size 10mm (US 15) crochet hook, which made the bag really fast to make.
More Crochet Bag Patterns
There are many other free crochet bags on my blog that you can view by clicking on the links below;
- Large Beach Bag Crochet Pattern
- Drawstring Bag Crochet Pattern
- Crochet Clutch Pattern
- Crochet Beach Bag Pattern
- Crochet Boho Bag Pattern
Resources and tutorials you may find helpful in following this pattern:
This pattern is great for any advanced beginners.
- You should be comfortable making a slip knot and creating a chain.
- You should be comfortable working single crochet.
- You should also be comfortable reading crochet patterns.
- And understanding crochet abbreviations and terms.
Fringe Crossbody Bag Pattern
- Please do not copy, sell, redistribute or republish this pattern.
- If you wish to share this pattern, link to the pattern page only.
- You may sell items produced using this pattern.
- Do NOT use the copyrighted photos for your product listing.
The dimensions of the finished bag are >
Width = 7′′ / 18cm
Height = 9′′ / 23cm
Gauge = 10 sts in 12 rows / 4 inches
The Supplies You Need
- 1 x Patons 100% cotton 4 ply yarn in the colour ‘limestone’ (1716)
- *Please note I bought 2 x balls = 200g so that I could make 2 bags*
- 1 x 10mm (US 15) crochet hook
- 1 x 5mm (US 8) crochet hook
- Darning needle
- Tape measure
- Stitch Markers
- Left-over trims of lace
- Sewing thread
- Sewing needle
- Rings x 2 – 1 inch in size
- Bag clips x 2 – 1.5 inches in size
- Ch – Chain
- SC – Single crochet
Bag body >
- Using 4 strands of yarn together (I bought 2 x balls = 200g and made 4 balls from those) – and the 10mm/(US 15) crochet hook
- Make a slip knot and ch 19
- Row 1 – sc into every ch, ch1, turn
- Rep row 1 until the piece measures = 19′′
- Cut a length of yarn and pull through the last loop to secure.
- Using 4 strands of yarn together and the 10mm/(US 15) crochet hook ch 90.
- SC into every stitch for 1 row.
- Cut yarn and thread through the loop to secure.
Making up >
- Cut the trims to fit across the width of the front of the bag and stitch into place with really small stitches so you can’t see them.
- Then stitch the beads into place if you want to add those.
- Next, cut 4 strands of the yarn together that measure = 24′′.
- Pull through and secure into place along the under the edge of the trimmings on the front flap with the 5mm/US8 crochet hook.
- Cut and trim the edges, so they are all the same length.
- Following that, stitch the side seams together – catching the ‘V’ shapes to seam.
- Feed the bag strap edges through the silver rings and stitch into place – measuring 1.5′′ and then attach to the bag clips.
- Clip into place either side of the bag.
I love seeing your finished projects!
If you enjoyed making the pattern, I’d love to see yours on Instagram, be sure to tag me @handylittleme.
If you are on Facebook, stop over to the handylittleme Facebook page and share a photo! I’d love to see your work!