Crochet Fringe Clutch PatternTHIS ARTICLE CONTAINS AFFILIATE LINKS THAT SUPPORT HANDY LITTLE ME CONTENT AND FREE PATTERNS.
In this post, I want to share with you a crochet fringe clutch pattern.
This clutch pattern is easy for beginners and just what you need for your summer vacation.
The bag will go with any of your summer outfits and will compliment your beach cover-ups and swimwear.
Please scroll down to view the free pattern or purchase a printer-friendly ad-free PDF pattern in my shop here.
An Easy Level Crochet Pattern
This pattern is for anyone who is a beginner or an advanced beginner.
It uses basic techniques, including; how to chain and single crochet.
I made the bag using Patons 100% cotton 4-ply yarn in the color ‘limestone’ (1716) I bought 2 balls = 200g which was enough to make 2 bags and have a teeny ball left over.
I separated the yarn into 4 balls and worked with 4 strands of the yarn together so that I could use my size 10mm (US 15) crochet hook, which made the bag really fast to make.
More Crochet Bag Patterns
There are many other free crochet bags on my blog that you can view by clicking on the links below;
Resources and tutorials you may find helpful in following this pattern:
This pattern is great for any beginners or advanced beginners.
- You should be comfortable making a slip knot and creating a chain.
- You should be comfortable working single crochet.
- You should also be comfortable reading crochet patterns.
- And understanding crochet abbreviations and terms.
- How to make tassels.
Crochet Fringe Clutch Pattern
Purchase the inexpensive ad-free, PDF printable pattern in my shop here.
- Please do not copy, sell, redistribute, or republish this pattern.
- If you wish to share this pattern, link to the pattern page only.
- You may sell items produced using this pattern.
- Do NOT use copyrighted photos for your product listing.
The dimensions of the finished bag are >
- Width = 8″ / 20.5 cm
- Height = 4.5″ / 11.5 cm
Gauge = 10 sts in 12 rows / 4″
The Supplies You Need
- 1 x Patons 100% cotton 4-ply yarn in the color ‘limestone’ (1716)
- *Please note I bought 2 x balls = 200g so that I could make 2 bags*
- 1 x 10mm (US 15) crochet hook
- 1 x 5mm (US 8) crochet hook
- Darning needle
- Tape measure
- Stitch Markers
- Left-over trims of lace
- Sewing thread
- Sewing needle
- 1 x bead/charm to stitch as a decoration
The pattern is written using US crochet terms and abbreviations.
You can find a free PDF of both US and UK terms and abbreviations here.
- Ch – Chain
- SC – Single crochet
- Using 4 strands of yarn together (I bought 2 x balls = 200g and made 4 balls from those) – and the 10mm/(US 15) crochet hook
- Make a slip knot and chain 21
- SC into every stitch until the piece measures = 14.5″
- Cut a length of yarn and pull through the last loop to secure.
Making up >
- Cut the trims to fit across the width of the front flap and stitch them into place with really small stitches so you can’t see them.
- Then stitch the bead/charm into place if you want to add that.
- Next, cut 4 strands of yarn together that measure = 8″.
- Pull through and secure into place along the edge of the trimmings on the front flap with the 5mm/US8 crochet hook.
- Cut and trim the edges, so they are all the same length.
- Following that, stitch the side seams together catching the ‘V’ shapes to the seam.
- Leaving the bag flap to reach over the main body of the bag.
Share your work with us…
I love seeing your finished projects.
If you enjoyed making the pattern, I’d love to see yours on Instagram, be sure to tag me @handylittleme or #handylittleme.
I’d love to see your work!