Knit Crop Top PatternTHIS ARTICLE CONTAINS AFFILIATE LINKS THAT SUPPORT HANDY LITTLE ME CONTENT AND FREE PATTERNS.
In this post, you will see a knit crop top pattern.
This light top is perfect for summer days.
Made from cotton in two different colors, it can be worn in two ways!
Knit A Summer Light Crop Top
The knit crop top is easy for beginner knitters.
It is knit in The Cotton from We Are Knitters in two colors.
Perfect to wear to the beach dressed up or dressed down.
Shop the printable PDF pattern…
Scroll down to view the free pattern online or grab the inexpensive ad-free PDF in my shop here.
The stitches and techniques you need to know…
The stitches used in this pattern are the knit stitch and the purl stitch.
The techniques you will need to know are YF (yarn forward) which is used to create the stitch pattern.
The top is made by creating two squares and stitching them together, there is no shaping, making it super easy and quick to knit.
You might also want to make matching items…
You may also want to make matching items to take with you on vacation!
View those patterns here:
Resources and tutorials you may find helpful in following this pattern:
This pattern is great for advanced beginners.
Knit Crop Top Pattern
The top is knit in two square pieces and then seamed together at the shoulders and sides, leaving openings for the armholes.
The top is knit in a simple repeated stitch pattern.
This is a fast project with no shaping.
A loose top that can be worn to the beach.
- Please do not copy, sell, redistribute or republish this pattern.
- If you wish to share this pattern, link to the pattern page only.
- You may sell items produced using this pattern.
- Do NOT use the copyrighted photos for your product listing.
Skill Level – Basic (Beginner)
14 sts in 18 rows in 10×10 cm/4×4 inches measured over stitch pattern.
- Available to make in 8 sizes – XS to 5XL.
- The sizes – S / M / L-XL / 1X / 2X / 3X / 4X / 5X
- Finished Bust About – 36 (38, 40, 42, 46, 48, 50, 54) in.
- Finished Length About – 15, (16 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22) inches.
- To make the top in a larger size, you can cast on more stitches x 6 -so for the next size up, you cast on 112, then 118, etc.
- You will also need to purchase more yarn if you are making the top in a larger size, than what is listed in the pattern.
The supplies you need…
- 1 (1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 3) x We Are Knitters – The Cotton in the color Light Salmon
- 1 (1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 3) x We Are Knitters – The Cotton in the color Natural
- This cotton is 100% Pima Cotton/10g/3.05oz/232 yds/212m.
- Use my code – MGM4VHHAT – for 10 off on your WAK yarn order.
- 6mm (US 10) knitting needles.
- I used interchangeable circulars on a 24″ cable to accommodate the number of stitches.
- This top is knit flat, not in the round.
You can grab a free list of US and UK knitting terms here.
- K – knit
- P – purl
- Rep – repeat
- St(s) – stitches
- YF – yarn forward
Front and back…
This top is knit in two panels with no shaping.
- Knit one panel in Yarn A – Natural
- Knit one panel in Yarn B – Light Salmon
With 6mm (US 10) knitting needles cast on 68 (74, 80, 86, 90, 96, 100, 106)sts.
Rows 1 and 2: Knit
3rd row (RS): K1 edge, *YF, K2, pass increased stitch over knitted sts*, rep from * to * to last st, K1.
4th row (WS): Purl all sts.
The last 2 rows form the pattern, rep until the piece measures 15, (16 17, 18, 19, 20, 2, 22) inches from the cast-on edge.
*Please note you can adjust the length easily, to make your top shorter or longer. Knit fewer rows for a shorter length or add more rows for a longer length.
Knit 2 rows.
You can leave a length for seaming – around 20+ inches.
Weave in any other loose ends you do not need for seaming.
Sew in any loose ends you don’t need (weave along the seams).
Seam the shoulders on either side using the mattress stitch.
Each shoulder seam should measure – 4.5 (5, 5.5, 6, 6.5, 7, 7.5, 7.5) inches.
Stitch the side seams on either side of the top using the mattress stitch.
Each side seam should measure – 8 (8.5, 8.5, 9, 9, 10, 10, 11) inches.
Please note – You can adjust how long your shoulder seams and side seams are for your own preference.
Weave in any loose ends.
Share your work with us…
If you enjoyed making the knit crop top, I’d love to see yours on Instagram, be sure to tag me @handylittleme or #handylittleme.
If you are on Facebook, stop over to the handylittleme Facebook group and share a photo.
I’d love to see your work!