The bunny booties knitting pattern is for booties to fit babies aged between 6-9 months.
This pattern has full instructions on how to knit the slippers and the ears.
The slippers are knit flat on straight needles, with the ears knit separately and then attached.
An Easy Level Knitting Pattern
This is an easy pattern for those of you who are advanced beginner level, and the techniques you will need to know are casting on, casting off and knit and purl stitches.
It will also introduce you to shaping, through simple increases and decreases.
*Please scroll down to see the free pattern*
Resources and tutorials you may find helpful in following this pattern:
This pattern is great for any advanced beginner knitters.
- You should be comfortable casting on and casting off, as well as knitting in garter stitch.
- You should be able to knit the purl stitch.
- You should be able to knit in stockinette stitch.
- How to K2tog.
- How to KFB.
- You should also be comfortable reading knitting patterns.
- And understanding knitting abbreviations and terms.
Bunny Booties Knitting Pattern
The booties knit up quickly and the simple design makes for a relaxing and enjoyable knit.
- Please do not copy, sell, redistribute or republish this pattern.
- If you wish to share this pattern, link to the pattern page only.
- You may sell items produced using this pattern.
- Do NOT use the copyrighted photos for your product listing.
Skill Level – Easy
- This pattern is to fit baby size 6-9months
Gauge – 18 sts and 24 rows in 4×4 inches / 10x10cm
The Supplies You Need
- 1 x ball of Sublime Baby Cashmere Merino Silk DK in Pebble (006) – Yarn A
- 1 x alternate colour Yarn B in cream – Baby Cashmere Merino Silk DK in Little linen (344)
- A small amount of dark brown for eyes/nose/mouth
- Any Lightweight 03 yarn /DK yarn.
- Yarn weight guide
Abbreviations / Knitting Abbreviations List
- Beg – beginning
- Cont – Continue
- Dec – (K2tog) decrease by knitting the next 2 stitches together
- Foll – following
Inc – (KFB) increase by knitting into the front and back of next stitch
- K – Knit
- K2tog – knit next two stitches together
- PSSO – Pass slipped stitch over
- P – Purl
Yarn A – Pebble (Brown) / Yarn B Little Linen (Cream)
- Using Yarn A cast on 53sts
- Row 1: *Inc, k24, inc* twice, k1
- Rows 2-4: Knit
- Row 5: *Inc, k26, inc* twice, k1
- Rows 6-8: Knit
- Row 9: *Inc. k28, inc* twice, k1
- Row 10: Knit
- Knit a further 10 rows
- Divide for the top of the foot
- Row 1: K36, k2tog, turn
- Row 2: K8, s1, k1, psso, turn
- Row 3: K8, k2tog, turn
- Rows 4-23: As rows 2-3 ten times
- Row 24: As row 2
- Rows 25-28: Knit across all stitches
- Change to K1, P1 rib and work 25 rows.
- Change to Yarn colour B
- Row 1: Purl
- Row 2: Cast off knitwise.
Make the second bootee to match.
Bunny ears – Make 4
- Using Yarn A cast on 8sts.
- Work 23 rows in stockinette (stocking) stitch, dec each end of rows 15, 19 and 23.
- Change to Yarn B and work 23 rows in stockinette stitch (starting with a purl row), inc each end of rows 2, 4 and 8.
- Cast off
- Make 3 more ears to match.
Making up >
- Using a flat seam, join foot, heel and back of the ankle.
- Weave in any loose ends.
- Join ear side seams.
- Stitch base of ears to booties.
- Embroider faces using dark brown yarn.
I love seeing your finished projects!
If you enjoyed making the bunny booties, I’d love to see yours on Instagram, be sure to tag me @handylittleme.
If you are on Facebook, stop over to the handylittleme Facebook page and share a photo! I’d love to see your work!
Happy Knitting! xoxo