In this post, you will see a sheep baby booties knitting pattern.
These fluffy little baby booties will not only look awesome but will keep baby’s feet really warm.
Made from a baby yarn called snuggly by Sirdar, they are soft and fluffy to touch.
Baby knitting is so much fun and when you make cute animal slippers like these knitted baby booties you will want to make more.
An Easy Level Knitting Pattern
This is an easy pattern for those of you who are advanced beginner level, and the techniques you will need to know are casting on, casting off and knit and purl stitches.
It will also introduce you to shaping, through simple increases and decreases.
You will also need to know how to pick up stitches, this is so you can complete the foot part of the booties.
*Please scroll down to see the free pattern*
Resources and tutorials you may find helpful in following this pattern:
This pattern is great for any advanced beginner knitters.
- You should be comfortable casting on and casting off, as well as knitting in garter stitch.
- You should be able to knit the purl stitch.
- You should be able to knit in stockinette stitch.
- You should be comfortable picking up stitches.
- How to K2tog.
- You should also be comfortable reading knitting patterns.
- And understanding knitting abbreviations and terms.
More Baby Knitting Patterns
You may also be interested in these baby knits:
- Baby Sweater Knitting Pattern
- Stockinette Stitch Baby Cardigan Pattern
- Garter Stitch Baby Cardigan Pattern
- Baby Hat Knitting Pattern
- Baby Blanket Knitting Pattern
- Baby Bunny Knitting Pattern
- Pom Pom Baby Booties Knitting Pattern
- Bunny Softie Knitting Pattern
Sheep Baby Booties Knitting Pattern
The booties knit up quickly and the simple design makes for a relaxing and enjoyable knit.
- Please do not copy, sell, redistribute or republish this pattern.
- If you wish to share this pattern, link to the pattern page only.
- You may sell items produced using this pattern.
- Do NOT use the copyrighted photos for your product listing.
Skill Level – Easy
- This pattern is to fit baby size 0-3 months / 3-6 months / 6-9 months.
- The first set of numbers applies to the small size, the second set to the medium size and the third to the large size.
Gauge – 18 sts and 24 rows in 4×4 inches / 10x10cm
The Supplies You Need
- I used 1 ball of Sirdar snowflake in shade 630 Milky which is the white yarn.
- I also used some dark grey leftovers in Sirdar snowflake DK for the ears and the mouth/eyes.
- You will need 1 x main colour (Yarn A) white
- 1 x alternate colour for the eyes/mouth/nose and ears – Yarn B – dark grey (or black)
- Any Lightweight yarn 03 / DK yarn.
- Yarn weight guide
Abbreviations / Knitting Abbreviations List
- Approx = Approximately
- Beg = Begin(ning)
- Cont = Continue(ing)
- K = Knit
- K2tog = Knit next 2 stitches together
- P – Purl
- M1 = Make 1 stitch
- Rem = Remaining
- Rep = Repeat
- Rnd(s) = Round(s)
- SKPO – Slip one, knit one
- St(s) = Stitch(es)
Yarn A – White / Yarn B – Grey
- With 4mm (US 6) needles and Yarn A cast on 29 sts (33 / 37 sts)
- Work 12 rows (10, 12) rows stocking stitch.
- Next row – Knit 19 (22, 25) sts, turn
- Next row – purl 9 (11, 13) sts, turn.
- On 9 (11, 13) sts work 14 (14,16) rows in stocking stitch. Break yarn.
- With right side of work facing, rejoin the yarn to the inside edge of the 10 (11,12) stitches and pick up and knit 7 (9, 11) sts along the side of the foot, knit across 9 (11, 13) sts on the needle, pick up and knit 7 (9, 11) sts along the other side of the foot, and finally knit across the remaining 10 (11,12) sts.
- Work 7 (9, 11) rows of garter stitch, every row knit.
Shape The Foot
- Row 1 – Knit 2 sts, k2tog, knit 15 (19, 23) sts, k2tog, knit 1 st, k2tog, knit 15 (19, 23) sts, k2tog, knit 2 sts.
Row 2 – Knit
Row 3 – Knit 2 sts, k2tog, knit 13 (17, 21) sts, k2tog, knit 1 st, k2tog, knit 13 (17, 21) sts, k2tog, knit 2 sts.
- Row 4 – Knit
Row 5 – Knit 2 sts, k2tog, knit 11 (15, 19) sts, k2tog, knit 1 st, k2tog, knit 11 (15, 19) sts, k2tog, knit 2 sts.
Row 6 – Cast off.
Ears – Make 4
- With 4mm (US 6) needles and Yarn B, cast on 8sts and work 5 rows in stocking stitch.
- Dec each end of next row – K2tog, K2tog, K2tog
- Cut yarn and thread through the rem 3 sts and pull tight, stitch the ear closed leaving a tail to attach it to the bootie.
- Before you start to sew the bootie together, stitch eyes/nose/mouth where you want with black or dark grey yarn (Yarn B).
- Attach the ears – to the side of the head.
- Weave in all ends along the bootie, not up the side, as this will cause a bumpy edge.
- Join the heel and the foot with a flat seam.
I love seeing your finished projects!
If you enjoyed making the booties, I’d love to see yours on Instagram, be sure to tag me @handylittleme.
If you are on Facebook, stop over to the handylittleme Facebook page and share a photo! I’d love to see your work!
Happy Knitting! xoxo