Make a sweet pair of bunny slippers for your baby this Easter.
This pattern is fairly easy, with the booties and ears knit flat and then seamed.
They also knit up fairly quickly, so if you have an afternoon spare one weekend, you can make them in around 3-4 hours, while watching your current series for a bit of knitflixing!
An Easy Level Knitting Pattern
This is an easy pattern for those of you who are advanced beginner level, and the techniques you will need to know are casting on, casting off and knit and purl stitches.
It will also introduce you to shaping, through simple increases and decreases.
You will also need to know how to pick up stitches, this is so you can complete the foot part of the booties.
*Please scroll down to see the free pattern*
The Yarn I Used To Knit The Bunny Booties
I have made the baby slippers using Sirdar Snuggly double knitting yarn in white (and a little pink for the ears).
There are so many good DK (double knitting) yarns out there to choose from, so you could make in any yarn or colour combo you like!
Lion Brand, Sublime yarns and Debbie Bliss also have a great range to choose from, in a range of colours.
Resources and tutorials you may find helpful in following this pattern:
This pattern is great for any advanced beginner knitters.
- You should be comfortable casting on and casting off, as well as knitting in garter stitch.
- You should be able to knit the purl stitch.
- You should be able to knit in stockinette stitch.
- You should be comfortable picking up stitches.
- How to K2tog.
- You should also be comfortable reading knitting patterns.
- And understanding knitting abbreviations and terms.
More Baby Knitting Patterns
You may also be interested in these baby knits:
- Baby Sweater Knitting Pattern
- Stockinette Stitch Baby Cardigan Pattern
- Garter Stitch Baby Cardigan Pattern
- Baby Hat Knitting Pattern
- Baby Blanket Knitting Pattern
- Baby Bunny Knitting Pattern
- Pom Pom Baby Booties Knitting Pattern
- Bunny Softie Knitting Pattern
- Matching Bunny Hat Pattern
Bunny Booties Pattern
The booties knit up quickly and the simple design makes for a relaxing and enjoyable knit.
- Please do not copy, sell, redistribute or republish this pattern.
- If you wish to share this pattern, link to the pattern page only.
- You may sell items produced using this pattern.
- Do NOT use the copyrighted photos for your product listing.
Skill Level – Easy
- This pattern is to fit baby size 0-3 months / 3-6 months / 6-9 months.
- The first set of numbers applies to the small size, the second set to the medium size and the third to the large size.
Gauge – 10 sts / 10 rows in 1 inch
The Supplies You Need
Abbreviations / Knitting Abbreviations List
- CO – cast on
- Cont = Continue(ing)
- Dec = Decrease
- Inc = Increase
- K = Knit
- KFB – Knit into the front and back of the stitch (to increase)
- K2tog = Knit 2 sts together
- M1 – Make one st
- P = Purl
- Rem = Remaining
- Rep = Repeat
- St(s) = Stitch(es)
- St St = stocking stitch – knit 1 row, purl 1 row
Make 2 booties the same >
Yarn A – Pink / Yarn B – White
- With 3.75mm (US 5) needles cast on 29 (33/37) sts in Yarn A.
- K1, P1 for 2 rows.
- Change to Yarn B – cont to K1, P1 for 10 rows.
- K 1 row.
- P 1 row.
- Cont to work in st, st for 8 (10/12) rows.
- Next row – Knit 19 (22/25) sts, turn.
- Next row – Purl 9 (11/13) sts, turn.
- On 9 (11/13) sts work 14 (14/16) rows in stocking stitch.
- Break yarn.
- With right side of work facing, rejoin the yarn to the inside edge of the 10 (11/12) stitches and pick up and knit 7 (9/11) sts along the side of the foot, knit across 9 (11/13) sts on the needle, pick up and knit 7 (9/11) sts along the other side of the foot, and finally knit across the remaining 10 (11/12) sts.
- Work 7 (9/11) rows of garter stitch, every row knit.
Shape The Foot
- Row 1 – Knit 2 sts, K2tog, knit 15 (19/23) sts, K2tog, knit 1 st, K2tog, knit 15 (19/23) sts, K2tog, knit 2 sts.
- Row 2 – Knit to the end of the row.
- Row 3 – Knit 2 sts, K2tog, knit 13 (17/21) sts, K2tog, knit 1 st, K2tog, knit 13 (17/21) sts, K2tog, knit2 sts.
- Row 4 – Knit to the end of the row.
- Row 5 – Knit 2 sts, K2tog, knit 11 (15/19) sts, K2tog, knit 1 st, K2tog, knit 11 (15/19) sts, K2tog, knit 2 sts.
- Row 6 – Cast off.
Bunny Ears (Make 4)
- Using Yarn B – Co 8sts.
- Work 10 rows in st,st, dec (K2tog) each end of rows 11, 13 and 15.
- Change to Yarn A and work 15 rows in st, st, starting with a P row, inc (KFB) each end of rows 2, 4 and 6.
- Cast off.
- Stitch the side seams and fold the bottom in half and place a couple of sts in to hold the shape.
Making Up >
- Stitch the eyes, nose and mouth into place before you seam the bootie.
- Weave in all ends along the work, not up to the side, as this will cause a bumpy edge.
- Lay work out and gently steam.
- Join the heel and the foot with a flat seam.
- Stitch the ears into place, one on either side of the bootie.
I love seeing your finished projects!
If you enjoyed making the pattern, I’d love to see yours on Instagram, be sure to tag me @handylittleme.
If you are on Facebook, stop over to the handylittleme Facebook page and share a photo! I’d love to see your work!
Happy Knitting! xoxo