Bunny Slippers For Baby (Perfect For Easter!)THIS ARTICLE CONTAINS AFFILIATE LINKS THAT SUPPORT HANDY LITTLE ME CONTENT AND FREE PATTERNS.
Make a sweet pair of bunny slippers for baby this Easter.
This pattern is fairly easy, with the booties and ears knit flat and then seamed.
They also knit up fairly quickly, so if you have an afternoon spare one weekend, you can make them in around 3-4 hours, while watching your current series for a bit of knitflixing!
An Easy Level Knitting Pattern
This is an easy pattern for those of you who are advanced beginner level, and the techniques you will need to know are casting on, casting off, and knit and purl stitches.
It will also introduce you to shaping, through simple increases and decreases.
You will also need to know how to pick up stitches, this is so you can complete the foot part of the booties.
*Please scroll down to see the free pattern*
The Yarn I Used To Knit The Bunny Booties
I have made the baby slippers using Sirdar Snuggly double knitting yarn in white (and a little pink for the ears).
There are so many good DK (double knitting) yarns out there to choose from, so you could make them in any yarn or color combo you like!
Lion Brand, Sublime yarns, and Debbie Bliss also have a great range to choose from, in a range of colors.
Resources and tutorials you may find helpful in following this pattern:
This pattern is great for any advanced beginner knitters.
- Knitting cast-on methods.
- Knitting Lessons
- How to cast on knitting.
- How to cast off knitting.
- How to knit the garter stitch.
- How to knit the purl stitch.
- How to knit stockinette stitch.
- How to read knitting patterns.
- Knitting abbreviations and terms.
- How to knit rib stitch.
- You should be comfortable picking up stitches.
- How to knit two stitches together – K2tog.
More Baby Knitting Patterns
You may also be interested in these baby knits:
Bunny Slippers For Baby Pattern
Purchase the inexpensive ad-free, PDF printable pattern in my shop here.
The baby bunny slippers knit up quickly to look cute on little feet and the simple design makes for a relaxing and enjoyable knit.
- Please do not copy, sell, redistribute or republish this pattern.
- If you wish to share this pattern, link to the pattern page only.
- You may sell items produced using this pattern.
- Do NOT use the copyrighted photos for your product listing.
Skill Level – Easy
- This pattern is to fit baby size / newborns – 0-3 months / 3-6 months / 6-9 months.
- 1 – 0-3 months (the first size mentioned).
- 2 – 3-6 months (the second size in ().
- 3 – 6-9 months (the third size in ().
Gauge – 24 sts / 32 rows in 4×4 inches/10×10 cm in stocking stitch.
The Supplies You Need
- 1 x Sirdar Snuggly double knitting in white – 0303
- Scraps of DK in pink for the ears.
- Scraps of brown yarn for the eyes/nose/mouth
- Any DK/Light Worsted/8 Ply yarn.
- Yarn weight guide
- 1 pair x 3.75mm (US 5) knitting needles
Abbreviations / Knitting Abbreviations List
- CO = cast on
- Cont = Continue(ing)
- Dec = Decrease
- Inc = Increase
- K = Knit
- KFB = Knit into the front and back of the stitch (to increase)
- K2tog = Knit 2 sts together
- M1 = Make one st
- P = Purl
- Rem = Remaining
- Rep = Repeat
- St(s) = Stitch(es)
- St St = stocking stitch – knit 1 row, purl 1 row
Make 2 booties the same >
Yarn A – Pink / Yarn B – White
- With 3.75mm (US 5) needles cast on 29 (33/37) sts in Yarn A.
- K1, P1 for 2 rows.
- Change to Yarn B – cont to K1, P1 for 10 rows.
- K 1 row.
- P 1 row.
- Cont to work in st, st for 8 (10/12) rows.
- Next row – Knit 19 (22/25) sts, turn.
- Next row – Purl 9 (11/13) sts, turn.
- On 9 (11/13) sts work 14 (14/16) rows in stocking stitch.
- Break yarn.
- With the right side of work facing, rejoin the yarn to the inside edge of the 10 (11/12) stitches and pick up and knit 7 (9/11) sts along the side of the foot, knit across 9 (11/13) sts on the needle, pick up and knit 7 (9/11) sts along the other side of the foot, and finally knit across the remaining 10 (11/12) sts. (Watch a video tutorial on my YouTube channel here)
- Work 7 (9/11) rows of garter stitch, every row knit.
Shape The Foot
- Row 1 – Knit 2 sts, K2tog, knit 15 (19/23) sts, K2tog, knit 1 st, K2tog, knit 15 (19/23) sts, K2tog, knit 2 sts.
- Row 2 – Knit to the end of the row.
- Row 3 – Knit 2 sts, K2tog, knit 13 (17/21) sts, K2tog, knit 1 st, K2tog, knit 13 (17/21) sts, K2tog, knit2 sts.
- Row 4 – Knit to the end of the row.
- Row 5 – Knit 2 sts, K2tog, knit 11 (15/19) sts, K2tog, knit 1 st, K2tog, knit 11 (15/19) sts, K2tog, knit 2 sts.
- Row 6 – Cast off.
Bunny Ears (Make 4)
- Using Yarn B – Co 8sts.
- Work 10 rows in st, st, dec (K2tog) each end of rows 11, 13, and 15.
- Change to Yarn A and work 15 rows in st, st, starting with a P row, inc (KFB) each end of rows 2, 4, and 6.
- Cast off.
- Stitch the side seams and fold the bottom in half and place a couple of sts in to hold the shape.
Making Up >
- Stitch the eyes, nose, and mouth into place before you seam the bootie.
- Weave in all ends along the work, not up to the side, as this will cause a bumpy edge.
- Lay work out and gently steam.
- Join the heel and the foot with a flat seam.
- Stitch the ears into place, one on either side of the bootie.
Share your work with us…
I love seeing your finished projects!
If you enjoyed making the pattern, I’d love to see yours on Instagram, be sure to tag me @handylittleme.