In this post, you will see a round-up of modern baby knitting patterns.
Knitting for baby is fun and the featured projects don’t take very long to make, which makes them perfect for any beginner knitter.
You will see easy patterns in lovely soft pastel spring colours.
The Knitting Pattern Skill Levels
The featured patterns range from basic level to easy level.
The basic patterns are great for any beginner knitters who are looking for their first project to start off with.
The easy level patterns are for the more advanced beginners, who can manage the knitting basics well already.
*Please scroll down to see the free patterns*
The Yarn Used For The Patterns
For all of the patterns featured, I used Rico Creative Cotton Aran (50g/85m/93yds) in various colors.
This is 100% cotton and it does on occasion split when you knit, like most cotton but you can fix it and make it look neat with a little patience.
This is a medium-weight yarn 04.
You can substitute with most cotton including DK yarn that is compatible with size 4mm (US 6) or a worsted weight to use with 5mm (US 8) or 5.5mm (US 9) knitting needles.
Resources and tutorials you may find helpful in following the patterns:
This list of tutorials will help you and features the most common techniques and stitch patterns you will need to know.
- You should be comfortable casting on and casting off, as well as knitting in garter stitch.
- You should be able to knit the purl stitch.
- You should be able to knit in stockinette stitch.
- You should be comfortable picking up stitches.
- How to K2tog.
- You should also be comfortable reading knitting patterns.
- And understanding knitting abbreviations and terms.
More Baby Knitting Patterns
You may also be interested in these baby knits:
- Easter Bunny Hat Knitting Pattern
- Easter Bunny Booties Knitting Pattern
- Sheep Baby Booties Knitting Pattern
- Baby Socks Knitting Pattern